Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Feb 17, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Rosiew View Post
Thank you yes daughter loves Alton towers. We have a merlin pass so Alton towers and Thorpe park the best. Looking forward to disney rollercoasters.
As the others have said, Walt Disney World isn't really aimed at rollercoaster thrill ride junkies; it's aimed more at families. There are some coasters there - Rock'n'Rollercoaster and Expedition Everest being two of the most thrilling - but not a huge number. Disney does theming very well, so rather than just painting a rollercoaster white/grey and calling it Everest they build a whole mountain and story around it.

Surprisingly, many of the Disney parks don't actually have that many rides. Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios only have half a dozen each whilst Epcot only has about 10 rides. I enjoy Epcot the most - Test Track is one of my favourite rides (and the fastest ride at Disney) and Soarin' is/was pretty unique. It's more about the experience, the theming, and the shows.

Meanwhile Universal does some fantastic coasters. Hulk has to be my favourite, but Dragon Challenge and RipRideRockit are excellent too. Universal also does the best (and most thrilling) simulator-type rides in the world; Spider-Man and Transformers are brilliant as are the two main Harry Potter rides.

BTW, in your first post you mention you have tickets for all the Disney parks and Universal parks. Just thought I'd point out that Busch Gardens is a Seaworld park and therefore Disney/Universal tickets aren't valid for this park.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosiew
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
BTW, in your first post you mention you have tickets for all the Disney parks and Universal parks. Just thought I'd point out that Busch Gardens is a Seaworld park and therefore Disney/Universal tickets aren't valid for this park.
thankyou for your advice. Yes our tickets do include bush gardens and seaworld as well.
Rosiew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Her friend who said that Busch Gardens was boring must not have been tall enough for the rides! Busch Gardens Tampa has a wicked collection of rollercoasters that are very highly regarded.

For the true rollercoaster fanatic - you've got some old school B&Ms (Montu and Kumba), a classic Schwarzkoph, and of course the longer version of Oblivion (the drop is only an extra 20ft despite the kids who rant and rave about it being huge compared to Oblivion).

Definitely worth paying a visit, since when you're back over here you're not going to have access to such rides.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

i'm inclined to agree with the PP about the possibility of some jealousy creeping in from the 'friend'! I'm sure your 13yr old will love it! I first went when I was 16 - total coaster and speed junkie but I honestly loved every park we went to for different reasons and as people have already said its not all about the thrill rides and not even all about the rides with so much going on!

We're taking the kids for their first visit in a few months and i've really noticed some nastiness and spiteful comments from some of DD's 'friends' since she told them she was going (she's not one to brag, I was there at the time and she literally just told them very excitedly that we had booked and you could feel the change in the atmosphere from a few!) - and mainly from the one that has already been twice in the last 3yrs! Nothing like that from any of DS1 or DS2's friends though so I was thinking it was a girl thing...
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

My personal favorite orlando coaster is Mako at Seaworld, 2 Other great coasters there too.

Closely followed by Shekira at Busch Gardens Tampa

Looks far from boring to me

Video not mine by the way.

Edited at 04:22 PM.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosiew
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

So excited xxx
Rosiew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List