Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 15 Feb 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
wdfan
Gone all Goofy

Hi, may I ask where you are getting your information from? I was talking with Universal direct last night over their chat facility via their USA site and they said nothing has been finalised about this yet. I truly hope you are right since we arrive on 22nd May and I'm holding off buying tickets just yet.
wdfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
From my ticket supplier OrlandoAttractions. They sent me an email they received from Universal directly. I saw on another post you spoke with Universal directly in the US. I don't think they made have the info yet that has been passed on to U.K. Ticket suppliers. It was fact that explorer tickets could be used from May 19th when the opening date was belived to be June 1st. They have just shifted it back a week.

Edited at 03:36 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
wdfan
Gone all Goofy

ok great thanks. It seems only fair to allow us to visit USF & IOA for up to 13 days before May 25th. Hopefully within the next few days different departments will talk to each other and will give out consistent answers.

You made me even more excited for my trip in May :-)
wdfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Emailed universal asking why they are insisting there is nothing decided regarding the upgrades when they have sent out emails to 3rd party suppliers listing the details.

Their reply...

Thanks for sharing this with us, Dave. We apologize for the confusion and misinformation. The 3-Park Explorer ticket will not be valid until May 25, 2017. Would you mind letting us know where this info is coming from, so hopefully we can reach out to someone to clear everything up?
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
I don't think leading UK ticket providers would send out this info it wasn't going to be correct. It just hasn't been officially announced yet and I for am happy to believe the info they are providing. I don't believe they would have any benefit to suggest the 3 park tickets will work if they won't. Why would they? No monetary value to them only bad word of mouth if they supply bad tickets.

I don't believe Universal are allowed to release the info yet. I also believe that maybe said U.K. Ticket providers may get a slap on the wrist for releasing info probably before they are allowed too but they were probably getting fed up of the constant questions from people like myself.

I'm feeling relaxed about it and haven't been thinking too much about it until now. I received the same emails and doubts from Universal a few weeks ago. I believe when I try my 3 park ticket on May 14th it will be fine.

Edited at 10:01 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I don't think leading UK ticket providers would send out this info it wasn't going to be correct. It just hasn't been officially announced yet and I for am happy to believe the info they are providing. I don't believe Universal are allowed to release the info yet. I also believe that maybe said U.K. Ticket providers may get a slap on the wrist for releasing info probably before they are allowed too but they were probably getting fed up of the constant questions from people like myself. I'm feeling relaxed about it and haven't been thinking too much about it until now. I received the same emails and doubts from Universal a few weeks ago. I believe when I try my 3 park ticket on May 14th it will be fine.
Yeah, I believe it will happen too. I didn't reply to universals email as I thought someone might end up in trouble! 😂
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
Yeah, I believe it will happen too. I didn't reply to universals email as I thought someone might end up in trouble! 😂
I'm convinced that's the reason. They've jumped the gun before they are allowed to
Old 20 Feb 17, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post

I really can't see the point of Universal trying to withhold information when it does nothing but annoy customers who have spent a fortune to attend the parks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
CougerUK
Earning My Ears

Might be worth telling the left hand of Universal that the information regarding the tickets came from the right hand, ie it came from them via our ticket providers. The information I received had the Universal logo on it. Maybe you should reply to them telling them so, so that maybe we can get the correct message from both hands.

I don't think the ticket providers have given the information early, I just don't think the customer service staff at Universal have the latest information, it is very confusing though when Universal are giving out conflicting info
CougerUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by CougerUK View Post
Might be worth telling the left hand of Universal that the information regarding the tickets came from the right hand, ie it came from them via our ticket providers. The information I received had the Universal logo on it. Maybe you should reply to them telling them so, so that maybe we can get the correct message from both hands.
The screenshot I sent them when asking was of the email with the logo at the top. They still didn't believe it 😂