Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Feb 17, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Cindy2015
Getting Excited

Magic Kingdom - one day only

Hi all

We'll be only doing one day in MK. I know, I know, one day is not nearly enough but this is a surprise Florida trip and originally we were not going to do any Disney parks at all. DS was so disappointed so we got one day tickets for just 2 of us. Now we are trying to decide how to get the best out of the day.

Looking at the busy day guide our options are to go on the very first day of our holiday or to wait until the same day the following week. If we wait until the following week it will immediately after having spent 3 days in Universal. So I'm thinking first day ?

We did rope drop on one day last year and loved the park early in the morning - amazing, amazing, able to see and do loads before 9.30am. We had decided for our one day that we'd head for rope drop and try and spend until about 7/8pm in the park - long day I know but no plans for the next day. However, to confuse matters they announced the new Happily Ever After event to replace Wishes. We did a second day in MK last year and went around 3pm and stayed for wishes dessert party. The lines for ferries were crazy and it was well after midnight by the time we got back to the villa. So while I would love to see it, how different will Happily Ever After really be to Wishes ? Also would it be jammers because it's new and would we be better to wait until our 2019 trip.

Would love to know what ye folks think !

Thanks

Cindy
Cindy2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cindy2015 View Post
how different will Happily Ever After really be to Wishes ?
I don't think anybody can answer that question can they? It hasn't been released yet nor previewed.

A lesson I've learnt with MK, just stay in the park for another 30 minutes or so after the fireworks. It will still be busy on the ferries and monorail, but the queues will be much smaller.

While it is a late night, it's nicer sat around drinking a cup of coffee looking at the castle or sneaking in a final ride than standing in a massive queue for transport.

Edited at 01:49 PM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Cindy2015
Getting Excited

[QUOTE=Bal;12290918]I don't think anybody can answer that question can they? It hasn't been released yet nor previewed./QUOTE]

This is true

I guess I'm wondering how those who did MK from rope drop until after Wishes managed. My DS will be 11 so not a smallie but it might be too long a day, first day in the heat after long day travelling.

Thanks

Cindy
Cindy2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Whilst you'd have the jet lag bonus of an early wake up call on your first day I'd go for the latter, simply as hubby and I find it impossible to stay awake past 8/9pm after a full first day at a park and we wouldn't want to miss celebrate the magic or wishes/the new fireworks show either. You'd be more adjusted in the second option.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you are planning another trip in 2019 - so I would wait for the fireworks until then - unless your boy is really interested in the fireworks. I think after 3 days at universal you will not manage much at MK.

Personally, if it was me...I would go for the first day...you will be up early and therefore get there for rope drop and can go on until you drop. I certainly would not plan rope drop and then staying until after the fireworks that early in the holiday.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

we have just come back from a week in Orlando where we did mostly Universal, we did 1 night in MK and that was only because Disney had a special event on (Disney After Hours). We were able to enter the park at 5pm and when the park closed at 8pm, we were able to stay to 11pm with all the rides open. This event is supposed to be limited to 3000 people, but the night we did it there was only around 500 people there. it cost $119 each, but with MK now costing $105 for a 1 day ticket, we found it excellent value as we where able to ride everything with no queues. If we find ourselves there for a week again and the event is on, we would do it.
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore14
Apprentice Imagineer

Eeyore14's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
When we go for the day we go early , come back mid afternoon then go back for the evening. Last year we did premium parking as it was for the day so you can walk to the t&tc instead of waiting for the trolley bus this saves you a bit of time getting back to your car and when you come back in the evening. Also when you leave after the fireworks get the monorail to the resorts it usually stops at the t&tc anyway or you can easily walk to the car from the Polynesian.
I would go at the start rather than after being at Universal we hate doing parks back to back and always like a bit of a break between them.
Old 16 Feb 17, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisychick
Excited about Disney

I would also go the first day.

Having said that we are usually exhausted by 3pm ish.

If you really want to also see MK at night could you go back to have a little nap mid afternoon and then come back in the evening to finish off?

Or mid afternoon if it all gets a bit much maybe do what we sometimes do - Carousel of Progress, Steam train round the park, TTA etc where you can have quite a nice sit down and recharge the batteries.
Daisychick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List