Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 May 13, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
pinklady1124
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Great report and pics! We're eating in a lot of the same places in September so good to see/read!
pinklady1124 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 13, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well done on only putting on the 3.5lbs. Bet that will be gone in no time! Any tips for enjoying the dining plan, but still be reasonably healthy? I have been doing SW too, and whilst I want to enjoy the food, I definitely want to be reasonably good (partly because I don't think my stomach could take it anymore - I haven't cooked with oil for almost a year now!)
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 13, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
FindingMerida
Apprentice Imagineer

FindingMerida's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Some lovely memories in there - if I think hard enough I can still taste the cinnamon roll

My scales seem to be broken as they're saying I'm the same weight as when I left which can't actually be possible given the amount of food we consumed

Can't wait to see the rest
May 2016 - DLP Newport Bay Club Oct 2016 - DIBB Villa, BLT
Jun 2017 - DIBB Villa, HRH, AKV
Mar 2018 - DLP Magic Circus Jun 2018 - DCL Magic 7 Day Med
Sep 2018 - DLP 36K Challenge Nov 2018 - DLP Sequoia Lodge at Christmas
Apr 2019 - DIBB Villa, AKV, BLT
Sep 2019 - DLP 36K Challenge
Oct 2019 - DCL Fantasy 7 day Western Caribbean
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K Challenge
FindingMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 13, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Absolutely gorgeous looking food, I could quite happily eat any of it right now! Pussycat
I could quite happily eat it all over again myself!

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
Looking good! We loved the almond crusted cheesecake to!
Its was yum wasn't it! I did spy you in Narcoossees, we walked passed you on our way out but you looked deep in convo so i didn't want to interrupt to say hi! Are you back home now?

Originally Posted by knads2012 View Post
We are going to a couple of these places next wekk so I'm super excited to see your photos - thanks for taking them!

Karen.x
No worries, I love looking at other peoples food reports and its fab to have all mine to look back on for a good memory jog!

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
wow - the beer in japan with frozen lime topping! that's just genius!
Im not a beer fan but Aaron LOVED it!

Originally Posted by pinklady1124 View Post
Great report and pics! We're eating in a lot of the same places in September so good to see/read!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by itsrachelhere View Post
Well done on only putting on the 3.5lbs. Bet that will be gone in no time! Any tips for enjoying the dining plan, but still be reasonably healthy? I have been doing SW too, and whilst I want to enjoy the food, I definitely want to be reasonably good (partly because I don't think my stomach could take it anymore - I haven't cooked with oil for almost a year now!)
I don't really know how I managed it to be honest. I think our Boma/Ohana dinners were relatively SW friendly (bar the bread and puds ofc! I just wasn't able to eat the amounts of food we normally would, i was filling up very quickly and I think all the walking helps a lot too! I didn't have too much alcohol either, kept that for a couple of the more special restaurants and we didn't snack between meals at all with chocolate/crips ect like we used too. Not consciously though, we just didn't feel hungry enough.

Originally Posted by LazyLily View Post
Some lovely memories in there - if I think hard enough I can still taste the cinnamon roll

My scales seem to be broken as they're saying I'm the same weight as when I left which can't actually be possible given the amount of food we consumed

Can't wait to see the rest
Ooh you did very well not to put on any weight!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 13, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
secretivemum
Imagineer

I'm so hungry now... so much delicious looking food - can't believe you only put on such a tiny amount- cant wait to get my teeth into one of those steaks - they look amazing!
secretivemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 13, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Day 6 and we headed to Hollywood Studios!

Breakfast was a sweet treat each from Starring rolls

A red velvet cupcake for Aaron

A chocolate brownie for me!

Aaron enjoyed his but mine was a disappointment. It was exactly the same as you get as a dessert from all the quick service places. More of a heavy cake than a chewy brownie

For lunch I headed to Fairfax Fare for a gourmet hot dog with pulled pork and coleslaw! It was as good as I expected!

Aaron went for a pizza from Catalina Eddies

For dinner we returned to Boma. We did have an ADR at Sci Fi but we enjoyed Boma so much that it got canned

Again amazing food! Pretty much the same as the first time so sorry for the repetitive photos!

abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 13, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Yummy photos so far

Making my mouth water.
Old 3 May 13, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Day 7 was our check out day from SSR so we just took it east whilst packing and shared a mickey head snack purchased yesterday as we went! Yummy but oh so sickly!

We then headed to the Artist pallet to and spent our last quick service meal credits on a croissant, fruit and a drink! Not the best use of the credits but it filled a hole.

Lunch was a visit to one of my faves! Beaches and cream

We started off with a milkshake each, i have gushed about this before but the butter pecan flavour is out of this world! That was my choice and Aaron had a mint choc chip.

To eat Aaron had the blue cheese burger

I had the grilled cheese with tomato bisque.

Both were really good, I just love the atmosphere in beaches and cream, its a lovely escape from the parks!

For dinner we were now on Idrive! I had seen Millers Ale House on a few trippys and it had looked good so we headed there!

We LOVED it!

I had the zinger mountain melt

Aaron had the combo fajitas

We loved this restaurant so much you will see us back there two more times by the end of this report Its very reasonable and has a fabulous atmosphere!
Old 3 May 13, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yay! what a great start, Abi, I love your foodie reports! And very well done on such a miniscule weight gain...I think SW is the easiest plan to follow and it is possible to eat lots even out there and not put on loads...a combination of walking and having not an iota of room spare for everyday snacks!

Edit: And yes, we love Millers Alehouse too, one day i'm going to have enough room for the Cap n Jacks dessert there too!

Edited at 03:41 PM.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 13, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma2288
Very Serious Dibber

OMG your back! Thats gone so quickly! I cant wait to read this when I get home! Looking forward to your trip report as well

I see you have a new countdown
Emma2288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List