Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 22 Mar 14, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Hrm27
Apprentice Imagineer

Your post confirms that I must keep Sanaa on the list what time of day did u book for? Would you stick with the same time if you go again?
Hrm27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 14, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillz121
Apprentice Imagineer

Gillz121's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Loving all your foodie pics, can't wait for more! Yummy
Gillz121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 14, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
great updates

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 14, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Great repot, may have to include little trip to dtd on night of arrival
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 14, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Jnyfrk8
slightly serious Dibber

Jnyfrk8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 19

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 134
Originally Posted by pixie81 View Post
Loving this! Is the tonga toast the same as the pooh puffed French toast at Crystal palace? It looks very similar.

Got to try Saana this year. Did they have much for those who don't like spicy foods?
No, tonga toast is like a huge slice of bread and they stuff it with banana then roll it in sugar and cinnamon and deep fry it. It's really sweet, teeth achingly so!
Sanaa is mostly spicy stuff I think although when we were there it was Thanksgiving and they had a special menu on (which actually we didn't fancy) Your best bet would be to check the menu online first.

Originally Posted by itsrachelhere View Post
Great so far! I loved Sanaa . I would soooo love a pina colava right now as well...
It was my first and definitely won't be my last it was yummy!

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Great report so far, thank you for sharing

Oh my goodness I am so excited about trying Sanaa this year. Think we're going to have to go OOP for the bread starter, it just looks too good...and the desserts
We paid OOP for the breads, it was totally worth it not your normal starter

Originally Posted by clarithy View Post
Yay. A new good report. Am enjoying it so far
Thanks, I'll try to keep it up!

Originally Posted by Fieryannie View Post
I'm so enjoying the food here! I can just about taste it! Mmmmmm

Thanks for sharing..

xxx
I wish I could taste it again right now! haha

Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
mmmm cinnabon!

Loving the updates.
Thanks. I LOVE cinnabon, why is there not one closer to home?!

Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
Enjoying your report. We are trying Sanaa for the first time in August, glad you enjoyed it.
It was incredible, you'll love it. It's getting a lot more popular I noticed with loads more reviews around looking forward to hearing how you found it.

Jen
xx
Jnyfrk8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 14, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Jnyfrk8
slightly serious Dibber

Jnyfrk8's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Hrm27 View Post
Your post confirms that I must keep Sanaa on the list what time of day did u book for? Would you stick with the same time if you go again?
We were booked for 6pm. We caught the bus from our resort to animal kingdom (which was around closing) then caught a bus onto Animal kingdom lodge. It was mental and thinking about it now we should've gone to DTD and onto Animal Kingdom Lodge from there. It was dark so we couldn't see out of the windows but even taking that into account it was still a fantastic restaurant. I'd love to try lunch but it would need to be a rest day as coming out of any park, even AK could be a waste of time.

Originally Posted by Gillz121 View Post
Loving all your foodie pics, can't wait for more! Yummy
I'm working on it!

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
great updates
Thanks, I'm trying to get more done

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Great repot, may have to include little trip to dtd on night of arrival
I would recommend it. We had a lovely night wandering from the SSR resort boat dock at Westside through to the Marketplace. There was music playing and we did some people watching. Did miss out on a Ghirardelli's though!

Jen
xx
Jnyfrk8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 14, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Jnyfrk8
slightly serious Dibber

Jnyfrk8's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Ok, back to it!

29th November - Black Friday - Animal Kingdom

Tusker House

No pictures of food as it's a buffet and actually we were quite disappointed. The best bit was the juice... We were cramped in a corner on a table that didn't really fit and although we were booked at 8am and were first in line the 4 tables around us were served their drinks etc first.
I wouldn't go back, there are better buffet's out there.

Yak and Yeti Counter Service

Beef Lo Mein and Honey chicken both served with white rice and vegetables. Both nice but it was so busy that by the time we found somewhere to sit everything was cold tasted nice though

Banana pudding and Frozen lemonade for dessert. Shaun says the Banana pudding tasted like angel delight and he wasn't wrong...I like angel delight though luckily!
We ate here in 2011 and found the portion sizes are huge and more like a TS sized meal. Think Shaun would prefer Flametree BBQ next time though as the seating area is much better. The seating around Y&Y is a bit hit and miss, we ended up on a huge table that only had 2 seats as everyone else had stolen the rest for their tiny tables/huge families combo!

After Animal Kingdom we went to Downtown Disney.

T-Rex

We had an ADR here in 2011 but had to cancel it due to being off site and the weather being rubbish. This was Shaun's pick for ADR this time and I'm glad we went, I really enjoyed the atmosphere but chose the wrong food. The wait for walk ins was 90 minutes though :/ so take some advice and definitely book an ADR. There were people sat all outside on the 'rocks' and although it was a nice night I wouldn't want to wait 90 minutes, we waited 15 and that was enough for me!

Cocktails to start with:

A Frozen mojito for me and something Mango flavoured for Shauny. I wasn't entirely convinced on mine, I love mojitos usually but the blended mint was really too strong for the drink. Shaun's was really nice though. We also ordered Shark Water which is included with the DDP with one refill. It was super sweet and I'd probably stick to Fanta next time. It was a bit sickly.

I had the steak, which was perfectly cooked but there was nothing overly special about it. I could've had that steak anywhere really. I wish I'd picked something specific to T-Rex.
Shaun had the boneyard buffet and that definitely described the plate come the end of the meal! He really enjoyed it and could barely fit anything else in but I had to order the meteor bites, they looked so good. They are a dessert for two though so used both mine and Shaun's dessert credit. If you want the chocolate extinction (volcano type dessert that they also serve in the rainforest café) be aware that you can't share it between 2 unless you pay out of pocket for it as it takes 4 people's credits.

The meteor bites were really yummy although I wish I'd asked for them to go as we didn't finish them, we were both so full from our mains (and all the food was starting to catch up on us!)

I'd probably go back to T-Rex but not every visit. There is a lot to look at and watch, the atmosphere is fantastic and the servers are really helpful and friendly but on a busy evening the meteor showers every 20 minutes remind you how long you've been in the restaurant and once you've seen 7 of them and not yet had dessert you realise just how slow the service is.

Jen
xx
Old 23 Mar 14, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jnyfrk8
slightly serious Dibber

Jnyfrk8's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
30th November- Hollywood Studios

Today we were off to Hollywood studios with just one ADR at 50's Prime Time.
I'd been looking forward to this, from what I'd read it sounded like fun. We had a great server who really played up to the role.

A sampling of Mom's favorite recipes - Crispy fried chicken, fork tender pot roast and traditional meatloaf. Wow this was yummy!
Shaun loved the chicken most and I loved the meatloaf.

Dad's Brownie Sundae
This was Shaun's dessert (I had a PB&J milkshake) It was obviously good as it was all gone the next time I looked! Brownie with ice cream, whipped cream, sprinkles, popcorn and a cherry on top. My milkshake was awesome and although they don't offer it as a dessert you can talk to your server about it.

The decor was fab, the service was great, the food was beyond good all in all totally worth the DDP credit.

We had no breakfast and only a corndog and popcorn for dinner so no more food pictures today. Sorry folks. Here's one of my drawing of pluto that I did in the drawing class though!

Jen
xx
Old 23 Mar 14, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Great report! thanks for sharing.
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 14, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Looks great, especially excited for our ADR in Sanaa!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List