Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 Sep 14, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Thing1thing2 View Post
Mmm is on my list one of those pretzels!
It was good. It would have been perfect though of there was just a little spice to it! xx
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 14, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Milner View Post
Great reports.
Thank you, I am so glad you are enjoying it xx
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 14, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Great report so far.

LOVE your Walmart haul, bringing back treats is a must!

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 14, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Day 6 - Pamper activities

Today we didn't actually eat until dinner!

We went to Benahana on International Drive.

For anyone who has not been this is a Japanese restaurant where chefs coo the food in front of you. I love Japanese food anyway, others are not too keen but they found loads on the menu.

I didn't write down what it is we ordered (it's a set few items then you chose your main), so all I have is delicious food photos!

To drink I had the fruit mojito

Mushroom and onion soup

Salad (this was incredible)

Our chef making our chicken fried rice (they are good with not adding things in for you if you don't like.

My (no egg) chicken fried rice

Everyone else's fried rice in a Micky head!

The rest of our food on the grill

My chicken, vegetables (including the best garlic mushrooms I have ever eaten) and steal. All were absolutely wonderful

Rainbow sherbet ice cream - I got more than everyone

This was my favourite restaurant (up till that day). There was not one thing I ate that I didn't love.

Edited at 12:02 PM.
Old 30 Sep 14, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Day 6 - The Wedding Day

This was a fail when it came to photos. I only got 2. I went to a wedding at Cypress Grove and then to Planet Hollywood for lunch.

For my breakfast I had only fruit which I bought from the CVS by my hotel (no photo). It was good fruit

For lunch we had a set meal which consisted of a sharing platter (1 per 4 people - no photo), a choice of a burger, Caesar salad, chicken burger or pasta (most had a burger which O did get a photo of) and then cheesecake for dessert (no photo) followed by wedding cake.

The food was great but the cocktails were abysmal. They tasted of nothing but alcohol. This was my photo of my Appletini.

The cheeseburger

The cheesecake was ok.

Edited at 12:04 PM.
Old 30 Sep 14, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dons2122000
Excited about Disney

Loving your report.

Fab wedding pic, how surreal! Congratulations xx
dons2122000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 14, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

Cookie tray looks delish! Lovely photo, beautiful dress.
Old 30 Sep 14, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Day 8 - rest day

We decided that we would spend a day relaxing by the hotel pool.

For breakfast we went to the hotels Coral Reef Bar. I had the 'Cronut' with a side of bacon and sausage.

Dad had the French toast and shared my bacon and sausage

I have never had a Cronut ever and I want one every day! It was so good and the cream (and I don't like cream at all) was delicious.

For lunch we stuck to Coral Reef as we were by the pool anyway. We have drinks - me a blue raspberry Daiquiri and dad had a beer.

Dad had a burger with bacon, mushrooms, onions and BBQ sauce

I had soup which was cream of spinach with Italian sausage. Looked awful but tasted really great!

For dinner we went to The Melting Pot. This is the place I have been most excited about visiting because I have been reading reviews for over a year and a half and we wanted to go last year but didn't.

It's a fondue restaurant.

To drink we ordered a bottle of prosecco (they didn't have champagne)

The Melting Pot is part of the magical dining month. The only thing you do not get is the salad course.

There are 3 courses: cheese, meat (or veggie option) and dessert.

The cheese course we chose was the fiesta which was cheddar with a kick of chilli and salsa. It came with breads. Apple, a small bowl of vegetables and tortilla chips. OMG, it was to die for, absolutely wonderful, and it was only course 1.

For the main we chose the magical option which was a special for be dining month. It came with chicken, fillet minion, steak, pot stickers and shrimp (I didn't have the shrimp so they have me more fillet). You chose your cooking style (what type of broth or in our case bourguignonne which is oil and how fondue is generally made in Switzerland). It comes with vegetables, potato, a sesame batter and tempura batter with a load of sausages and dips. It only really takes 2 minutes to cook everything, except the potatoes which take much longer, but every single thing I ate I loved, it was absolutely divine.

For the dessert course we had a marshmallow Oreo fondue. It was dark chocolate with marshmallow which came with strawberry, banana, pineapple, rice crispy treats, brownies, blondes, sound cake and marshmallows covered in Graeme cracker and Oreos.

They then flambé the chocolate and marshmallow, mix it all up then add Oreos! I don't know what to say that can express just how amazing this was

This was the best restaurant experience and food I have ever eaten. It was jut perfect.

Edited at 12:06 PM.
Old 30 Sep 14, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post

I love Cake Boss too, what a great surprise and congratulations on getting married.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 14, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Day 9 - Discovery Cove

As all food is included we had breakfast here - but did not take photos. I had the French toast, Dad had the waffles. It was very disappointing. We went last year and I enjoyed the breakfast but it was just dry and tasteless.

For lunch I went a little nuts!.

I had a hot dog and fries, Mac and cheese, pineapple and a pickle spear.

Dad had the chicken salad, a burger and fries, max and cheese and beer

Our friend Raj when a step further and had the fish fish with vegetables, a burger, the chicken salad, Mac and cheese and a beer!

For a snack I had a cinnamon sugars pretzel

I had a lot of the frozen lemonade but didn't take photos of drinks.

For dinner the only place DH wanted to go was Charleys Steakhouse on International Drive. We went last year and agreed it was the best meal we ate so it was an obvious choice!

We each wanted an appetiser so had our own. Mine was the mushroom fondue

Dad had the gator tips

Both were amazing but so huge.

You get a salad and garlic cheese bread with your main meal. That bread was the best bread I have ever eaten and the salad was lush too

Then there was the steak. I ordered the bone in T-Bone which is a 22oz steak.

Dad had the 20oz fillet minion

As a side order we had the bacon and cheese mash, mushrooms and pepper sauce (with my friends 12oz fillet in the background!)

This was Dad steak on the inside… cooked perfectly and so huge. He ate the whole thing btw!

The whole meal was wonderful but didn't beat The Melting Pot for me!

Edited at 12:09 PM.