Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Oct 14, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dons2122000
Excited about Disney

Loving this! Looking forward to reading the rest.
dons2122000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 14, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yum! Can report.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 14, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

San Angel Inn

San Angel Inn

We chose this one for the atmosphere, love it in here! We got in a bit early but only had a 5 min wait.

First they brought the complimentary chips and salsa. There was two types of salsa, a milder green one and a more spicy red one.

We ordered:
Kristy- Pollo a las Rajas (Grilled chicken breast sreved with red peppers & onion cream sauce, poblano rice, and queso fresco), a pink lemonade and the crema bavaria for dessert (Creamy bavarian mousse served with mixed berries, cinnamon, orange liqueur and vanilla sauce)

Alan- carne asada (New York strip served with cheese enchilada, black refried beans, red bell pepper, onions, mexican rice and guacamole), a dos equis beer and Helado de Dulce de Leche (caramel ice cream)

We both enjoyed this and it filled us up nicely for drinking (part of the way) around the world afterwards.

Cost: 2 Table Service credits plus $24.52 for the beer and tip
KristyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 14, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
LOVE this report. More please! x

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 14, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fantastic report...and your pics have just reminded me how strong that Lapu Lapu is on an empty stomach
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 14, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Epcot Drinks

Epcot Drinks

We had planned to drink around the world, probably doing it over a couple of days, but the weather on our first Epcot day meant we didn't do any, so instead we just got a few drinks from various countries while waiting for Illuminations another night.

Alan mainly had beer but I had a few cocktails and other drinks.

China- Canto Loopy (vodka and cantaloupe juice) $7.99

This was good but got a bit sickly after a while!

Italy- Prosecco $6
]

We sat and drank these in the square which was lovely!

France-Grand Marnier Orange Slush (grand marnier, grey goose vodka, sweet and sour mix, simple syrup) $9.34

Yum! I like my frozen cocktails.

I tried to get a Torontopolitan in Canada (Iceberg Vodka, Chambord, cranberry & orange juices) but they wouldn't accept our driving licences as ID there, so we went back to the UK and had a pear cider instead (no pics). Last drink of the night was a vodka, soda and lime from the rose and crown.
KristyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 14, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Yak and Yeti Restaurant

Yak and Yeti Restaurant

We were quite tired towards the end of our Disney week and wanted a quiet evening, so I swapped our Saana dinner ADR for a Yak and Yeti lunch ADR.

Kristy- Bourbon chicken (Tempura Chicken, carrots, green onions, sweet bourbon sauce and choice of jasmine or brown rice- I had brown) and a frozen strawberry lemonade then the fried wontons (Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey-vanilla drizzle)

This was all so good, especially the chicken.

Alan- duck with anandapur glaze (Roasted half duckling, orange wasabi glaze, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables) and a beer then the sorbet (A trio of mango, lemon and raspberry)

Cost:2 Table Service credits plus $23.26 for the beer and tip
Old 20 Oct 14, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Wolfgang Puck Express (Marketplace)

Wolfgang Puck Express (Marketplace)

We actually went here twice in a row, for dinner then for lunch the next day. It was great as it was a 5 min walk from our room at SSR. Amazing value for a QS credit.

Visit 1 was:

Kristy- Four cheese pizza, root beer then frozen yoghurt with crushed cookie

Alan- spicy chicken pizza, beer, creme brulee

Both of these pizzas were so good.

Cost: 2x Quick Service credits, $5.28 for the beer, plus we left a $5 tip as they bring your food.

Visit 2:

Kristy- BBQ chicken salad (romaine, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, corn, crispy tortilla strips, poblano peppers, black beans, ranch dressing), root beer, oatmeal and raisin cookies

The cookies got taken back and never got eaten.

Alan- Spicy chicken pizza (again), minute maid lemonade, beer, brownie

No pics as main was the same as yesterday and brownie also never got eaten.

I overhead the guy sitting next to us say he works nearby and goes here for lunch almost every day- lucky!

Cost: 2 x Quick Service credit, $5.28 for the beer plus a $5 tip
Old 20 Oct 14, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

California Grill

California Grill

This was the highlight meal of the holiday, it was also a Hallowishes night which was amazing to see from the balcony.

We arrived a bit early so went to The Wave for a drink beforehand.

Kristy- Magical Star cocktail (Parrot Bay coconut rum, X-Fusion Organic Mango and Passion Fruit Liqueur, pineapple juice)

Alan- Coors Light

Cost: $17.04 plus $3.50 tip

Our ADR was for 7:20 and I had timed this so we would see the sunset. It was amazing looking out over Bay Lake and Magic Kingdom with the sun just going down.

We sat at the bar waiting for the buzzer to go off and got:

Kristy- vodka and cranberry
Alan- Michelob Light

Cost: $14.12 plus $3 tip

The buzzer went off after about 5 mins so we took these over to our table. Our server was great and made suggestions from the menu. We decided to get a starter to share and went for the heirloom tomato BLT flatbread (Marinated Tomatoes, House Bacon, Romaine Chiffonade, Lemon Mayonnaise) (he actually advised us this was better shared as it's so big!), and also ordered a bottle of NZ sauvignon blanc. Some sourdough rolls, lavendar foccacia and salted butter were also brought to the table.

For mains we had:
Kristy- oak-fired filet of beef (Heirloom Tomato Risotto, Baby Vine Tomatoes, Tiny Basil, Tomato Butter)

I had chosen this ages ago and it lived up to expectations. Probably the best steak I've ever had and it was cooked perfectly (medium rare).

Alan- Pork two ways (Grilled Tenderloin, Goat Cheese Polenta, Mushrooms, Lacquered Belly, Applesauce)

He also thought this was amazing and the best main of the holiday.

For desserts we had:

Kristy- Sundae sampler (Unique and playful Sundaes with a nostalgic twist: Frangelico Toffee, Reverse Root Beer Float, and Banana Spli

My favourite was the reverse float which had root beer flavour ice cream...mmm!

Alan- creme brulee

Alan also had a coffee afterwards which counted as his DDP drink.

Cost: 4 Table Service credits plus $129 for the appetiser, bottle of wine and tip.

An expensive meal, and would probably only do it on the DDP (otherwise it would be around $300!) but it was an amazing evening.
Old 20 Oct 14, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Artist's Palette

Artist's Palette

Our last Disney day and we had a QS credit each left to use for lunch. As we were shopping in DTD we tried to go to Earl of Sandwich again, but it was extremely busy (it was a Sat) so we decided on Artist's Palette instead.

Kristy- Turkey and brie sandwich (Smoked Turkey, Brie Cheese Spread, Fresh Arugula, and Chambord-Cranberry Mayonnaise with House-made Chips or Vegetable Slaw), strawberries, water (plus root beer in refillable mug)

I loved the cranberry mayo in this.

Alan- Buffalo chicken panini (Pulled Chicken, Buffalo Sauce, Blue Cheese, Carrots, and Celery on a Ciabatta Roll with House-made Chips or Vegetable Slaw), fruit cup, water (plus minute maid in refillable mug)

Cost: 2x Quick Service credits