Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Fantastic start, can't wait to read more. x
Old 27 Dec 14, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
thepricefamily
Apprentice Imagineer

Enjoying this! Yum yum! Great photos - dd loves your wedding photo, just her style. Congratulations on your anniversary xx
HRH Club Level & AKL Savannah Club Level 2020
thepricefamily is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 14, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Le Cellier

Now I booked this reservation on the 180 day mark and I was really looking forward to this as was Dan, the meal all in all was good but did not meet our expectations and here is why.

We had to wait over 30 mins to be seated
I was told despite disliking mushrooms my steak had to come swimming in mushroom risotto and have my side "on the side" - no substitutions allowed
And our order was taken down wrong

We both ordered cheese soup but only one came out so we shared this, we were kind of glad as well as it was quite filling and thick but was really tasty - it reminded me of cheese dip my mum used to make in the 80's - the bread was also brought out and was good.

Beer cheese soup

I ordered the filet mignon - with a side of loaded mash potatoes and Dan ordered the rib eye with fingerling potatoes

Dans rib eye was huge

My filet mignon

My side of loaded mash potatoes

Now I will eat my words here because the risotto was actually really nice but I could not get over it being forced upon me and my steak was only just still medium and almost medium-well - the loaded mash was good though - Dan enjoyed his steak but it did not blow him away and we think that we could have a similar meal at longhorn steakhouse for a lot less money. I cannot remember how much we spent here but I think it was around $160 and we score it 6.5/10
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 14, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Thanks guys I'm getting quite hungry going over them all lol x
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 14, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mikim
Apprentice Imagineer

mikim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Following

Looking forward to seeing more.

Below is a link to trip report 2013 may
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=728462
mikim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 14, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Loving this. Thanks for sharing. Yum.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 14, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

How bad was your service at Le Cellier! I'm so glad it's not on my must do list ( we aren't steak lovers ).
I wasn't impressed with Planet Hollywood either but we all really loved T Rex, my DD's made a dinosaur and it brings the memories flooding back every time I see them.
Loving your food report.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 14, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

The service was ok but not fantastic, I think the server had too many tables to wait to be honest.

T-Rex was a surprise for us as we thought the themed restaurants would be the ones with less tasty food - how wrong we were!
Old 27 Dec 14, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Corn dog @ Universal Studios

There are not many places for breakfast at universal so we decided to have a snack to tide us over until lunch - I went for a corn dog and Dan had a hotdog and these were bought from a stall near to rip ride rocket. I don't really have anything either negative or positive to say about this it really was just ok and for sustenance only - one thing I will say though is that this was my first corn dog and I was surprised how sweet it was. 6/10 - this was around $14

Corn dog

Hotdog - Dan took a bite before I could take the pic

Old 27 Dec 14, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

The Leaky Cauldron

This was a surprise for us - being a huge Harry Potter fan I thought that we should eat here for the theming and scenery and not so much the food - well both the scenery the food was really good - so much so we would say on par with T-Rex.

As you walk in you are placed into a queue to go to the counter, you order your food there and they give you a candlestick, you then walk over to a cm and they take you to your table with your drinks and then your food is brought over to you - this is classed as a counter service restaurant but the staff still wait on you.

We ordered a frozen butter beer to share, I had fish and chips and Dan had the bangers and mash.

Frozen butter beer

Bangers and mash

Fish and chips

Other pics

I would rate this as a 8.5/10 and we only paid $34 - great value for the money