Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Aug 15, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
princessvix
Excited about Disney

princessvix's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Alamo standard or full size SUV?

Sorry if this has been asked before...i cant search.
We will have a party of 4 adults and 2 children. At MCO in the past the full size SUVs with the extra row of seats have always been there with the standards but we never needed one that big. Is this still the case or should i stop being cheap and pay the extra for full size?
princessvix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

Full size for that many!
Nordboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 15, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Yep full size 7 seat mini van or premium crossover is groups you should consider.
Old 4 Aug 15, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bear-family
Imagineer

Mobile

We are 4 adults and 2 children and we've always needed a ful size suv. We can squeeze all of our luggage in to and from the airport and it's nice a spacious for all the running to and from the parks
Bear-family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 15, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
princessvix
Excited about Disney

princessvix's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks for your replies. I realise i need a full size SUV but what I really meant was, do I reserve an intermediate SUV in the hope that the full size is available in the same row as it usually is or do I just reserve the full size and be done with it?
Duncanb - the minivan doesn't look quite as nice and the crossover is waaay over budget x
princessvix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 15, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

So you want something you haven't paid for in reality this is a small % of all rentals.
Best advice hire what you NEED if you get a better one a bonus.
Don't hire what you DON'T need and complain that is what I needed.
Sorry to be blunt but smell the coffee nowt comes free in life.
Old 4 Aug 15, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

That's a big risk. If there's only intermediate, what are you going to do?

Could cost you loads more if you need to upgrade out there! (think my full size only cost about £50 more for the 11 days anyway)
Nordboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 15, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
So you want something you haven't paid for in reality this is a small % of all rentals.
Best advice hire what you NEED if you get a better one a bonus.
Don't hire what you DON'T need and complain that is what I needed.
Sorry to be blunt but smell the coffee nowt comes free in life.
Well said, also I would be surprised if they just had full size SUV's in the same row for you just to take without you being charged extra.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 15, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
esteeds
VIP Dibber

esteeds's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I was in the same dilemma - 2 adults and 3 children [ages 14,14, and 12] I chose full size. At first quotes for 16 days rental were over £600 - but I tried the Brits guide Alamo code and got an amazing price of £440 for a full size SUV for 16 days. very happy I also purchased the Brits guide - which I have not done since 2001! It's a good read and only £10 on Amazon so a win win - go for a full size. Not worth the agro after a 9 hour flight + immigration...
1995 WDW Landstar Homes Villa | 1998 WDW Coronado Springs & Ft. Myers | 1999 WDW Key Largo & All Star Movies | 2002 Disneyland Paris Davy Crockett Ranch | 2007 Glenbrook Resort Villa | June 2008 DLP | 15 June 2009 DLP Sequoia Lodge | Oct 2010 Sunrise Villa, West Haven & Anna Maria Island | July 2013 DIBB Villa | 17th Aug.2015 Hard Rock Hotel | June 2019 - Hard Rock, Champions Gate, AMI
esteeds is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We got a deal deal with booking Alamo through Virgin. We were able to skip the counter and straight to the garage.

We booked a standard SUV (family of 5, all adult sizes) and we picked a Dodge of some kind from our row. It had 7 seats but not as long as the full size. We would have coped if we had an extra 2 small children but I don't think they are guaranteed. All the other standard SUV's only had 5 seats.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread