Restaurant Reviews: 34
Fantastic food, looking forward to more x
Old 19 Nov 15, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We had dreadful service at T-Rex. Loved the food but doubt we'd go back again as it is such a novelty and I've now read about too many other amazing places for us to try! Cannot believe how rude those people were! I'd have been RAGING. Don't think I could have held my tongue tbh! Loving your report so far
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 15, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done on your diet. Have started mine ready for next year trip! Looking at all the lovely food it making it hard but really enjoying your report- thank you
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 15, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 2: Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace

A bit of a random choice considering that we are not really character or breakfast people. So we begin our day with a character breakfast that I know Andy has been apprehensive about for a long time. I only really wanted to eat here to try a few of the lovely sounding sweet items (breakfast lasagne & puffed french toast) and he agreed to appease me, bless him.

Our ADR was for 8.15 but we turned up for opening and were seated shortly after the 8.05ers were let in. I admire the cute topiaries on the way in.

As we were seated our lovely server explains things and offered us juice/coffee etc. We both stuck to OJ and had some time before the characters came round so head straight off to the buffet.

These two are not my pictures but show what the buffet stations look like.

And there is a special lower kids serving area with fun options that all are welcome to take.

I didn't photograph Andy's food as it wasn't particularly adventurous but here is my first plate;

From the top clock wise: Pancake, cheese & bacon scone, bacon, cheesy potatoes, breakfast potatoes, sausage and a Mickey waffle!

The waffle, bacon & sausage are hard to get wrong so I enjoyed those. The pancake however was slightly underdone and a bit doughy for my liking. I found the scone a bit too salty and only ate about half of that. The cheesy potatoes were OK (I know some rave about them) but I loved the normal breakfast potatoes with onions and a paprika kick. Those were by far my favourite from the plate.

During eating, Pooh & friends began to make their way round and we met our first characters (after 5 visits lol). Andy surprised me and got into the spirit.

Love this one

Time for more food! I had some more of my favourite from plate # 1 as well as some breakfast desserts

Breakfast lasagne!

Not been touched yet.

Second plate.

Clockwise from top: Pooh's puffed french toast, breakfast potatoes and breakfast lasagne.

Close-up of the lasagne;

The potatoes were really yummy again, even better with ketchup though. The puffed French toast was awesome too, really soft inside and pillow like.

Now the breakfast lasagne that I was so excited to try - I didn't really like it. Everything in there tasted pretty nice, but I couldn't get past the odd texture. It was a bit gelatinous (a bit like a wet bread & butter pudding ) and it was served warm which I was not expecting for some reason. I'm not a fan of warm desserts so this was not my bag. Also be careful scooping this out, the dish is really deep. I thought I was taking a small amount looking from the top but it actually turned out to be quite a monstrous scoop!

Some more time spent with the characters and we were both rather full so decided to make a move into the park ready for opening. Our credits had already been deducted early in the meal so we could shoot off which was useful. We left a good tip for our server who was great at topping up drinks & checking on us.

I was glad I finally got to try Crystal Palace but I don't think we will be doing another character breakfast any time soon as we prefer a TS dinner. An adult breakfast costs $31.94 excluding tip.

Credits used here - 2 TS
Credits left - 13 CS,14 TS & 18 SC

Edited at 03:47 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 15, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 2: Magic Kingdom - Popcorn Cart Frontierland

It was hot mid-morning so on our way through Frontierland I grabbed a Frozen Lemonade from a cart near the Chip & Dale meet spot.

Not a great deal to say about this. It was cold, tart & refreshing. Went down a treat as we sat overlooking the water near the Big Thunder Mountain rocking chairs.

Credits used here - 1 SC
Credits left - 13 CS,14 TS & 17 SC

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 15, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 2: Magic Kingdom - Aloha Isle

Just before leaving MK for the day we popped by Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip.

The new location (the old sunshine tree terrace) was much more efficient than the old little window. We were straight to the front of the window even during the hot and humid afternoon.

We decided to share as we were still pretty full from breakfast and it was a good job as we were handed the biggest Dole Whip I'd ever seen!

It was about 10ft tall and was melting quicker than we could eat it. Absolutely delicious though! Love a good Dole Whip soft serve.

Credits used here - 1 SC
Credits left - 13 CS,14 TS & 16 SC

Old 6 Dec 15, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 2: SSR - Artists Pallete

Once off the resort bus and before going back to the room we went to the SSR resort shop for some cold & flu medicine. Whilst Andy browsed those I had a look at the groceries aisle and these caught my eye.

Just like the cheese savouries that we get here in the card suits shape but these are Mickey heads. Very nice and I had a nibble to keep me going until dinner.

Didn't use a snack credit as we just chucked them in the basket with some other bits & bobs and paid cash for the lot.

Total paid in cash (incl. any applicable tax) - $4.20

Edited at 04:43 PM.
Old 6 Dec 15, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 2: Epcot - Teppan Edo

This entry will be very similar to the one in my previous food report as we had the same entrées again and loved them just as much. There were a few small tweaks with the noodles & veg and they have also changed the plates & serving dishes to new posh ones now.

This year we were seated with a pair of sisters from some small town in the US miles from anywhere else and a lovely family of 4 from Canada. The family were quite chatty but the sisters not so much (fine by me).

Our chef was a really great one this year too - he was so funny.

Everyone ordered drinks, food & got our chopstick sorted out with the elastic band trick and then the show started..

I think the onion volcano is becoming a little dated, so now guests are given Olaf! Complete with little carrot nose

The usual Yum yum (Japanese ranch), mustard & ginger sauces are served up ready for dipping.

Then everybody was served the same noodles with vegetables. You may notice that the noodles now served are much thinner than those previously used. This to me was more like Chow Mein now and I really liked it. Veg is now the usual onions & courgettes along with cabbage, sugar snap peas & carrots which replace the mushrooms. We both love mushrooms and would have preferred these but the new items were OK. The noodles are still nicely flavoured by the soy sauce.

I preferred the beef rice slightly this time as it was a tad more meaty flavoured.

We both went for the Steak & Chicken combo again. As before, simple ingredients but a wonderful flavour. I ate every bite as it was just so tasty. The chicken edged it for me again.

I was looking forward to dessert as I loved this previously. Chocolate Ginger cake.

Lovely! No strong ginger flavour just light and fluffy cake topped with a sticky ganache.

No alcohol extras so we just had the tip to pay which we were more than happy to leave the higher suggested amount as service and food had been second to none as always. I appreciated that they brought out fresh drinks regularly without even been asked. Would definitely return as it remains one of my faves.

Credits used here - 2 TS
Credits left - 13 CS, 12 TS & 16 SC

Old 6 Dec 15, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 3: Hollywood Studios - Trolley Car Cafe breakfast

Another repeat offender from last years report - Starbucks breakfast.

We shared a CS credit and went for the hot breakfast sandwich & drink combo instead of the other pastry, fruit & drink choice.

Sausage, egg & cheddar muffin.

And a grande iced mocha with whipped cream (was gobsmacked they got my name right, I usually always end up as Kristy).

The muffin looks gross but was great as always. They are heated to order so are always piping hot. The sausage has a great spiced flavour (but not spicy, if that makes sense). On previous trips it has always been crying out for ketchup with they don't provide so I took some sachets from a CS condiment station earlier in the holiday and kept it in my bag just for the occasion Yum.

The iced mocha was tasty too. It had a nice bitter edge to the mocha which stopped it from being too sweet although the cream mixed in and ended up looking a bit curdled so would skip that next time.

TCC is a great location to grab a savoury breakfast now that Fairfax Fare is no longer open for brekkie. I also picked up my HS Starbucks mug from here too I managed to get a full set plus an extra Epcot one which I use a work. Love them.

Credits used here - 1 CS
Credits left - 12 CS, 12 TS & 16 SC

Edited at 03:14 PM.
Old 6 Dec 15, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Plenty more to come but I have to go and start dinner now.

Will try and update tomorrow night.