Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 12 Nov 15, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
All looks great.

Everyone seems to be raving about Panda Express just now. Looking forward to trying it.
Yes, definitely try it. It's so cheap for how much food you get as well.

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
That sangria looks amazing! Looking forward to the rest
It really was, I wish I'd tried some of the others, will have to save that for next year
LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 15, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Day 4

This was my last day at Universal so I just had to have a regular butterbeer in the leaky cauldron. I can't believe how much bigger the serving is here than in the studio tour in London. Really good though, I'm a cream soda lover and to me it tastes like a creamier version of that.

I planned on trying dippin' dots but it was absolutely pouring with rain with no signs of letting up so I decided to call it a day around 1pm and head to the mall.

Back to I-drive on the way back to my hotel and couldn't resist Applebees again.
Had a small plate chicken tenders with fries and BBQ sauce with a seasonal Sam Adams. These were lovely and only cost about $7.99 I think.

Was then persuaded by the server to try Churro S'mores. I don't usually have room for dessert in the states but I'd make room for these, they were awesome.

LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 15, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Churro smores looks amazing! we missed out there!

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 15, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Aw wow that dessert looks amazing. x
Old 14 Nov 15, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Great report,looking forward to the rest especially Chicago as we going there next year
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 15, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Day 5

Spent the morning at IOA for the last time, I don't have any food pictures from the morning as I assume I was saving myself for yet another panda express at CityWalk
This time I went for a plate with Orange Chicken and Honey Sesame Chicken with fried rice.

Then it was time to head to the Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, which was awesome, would definitely recommend. I seem to recall being full from panda express STILL. So I just had a few snacks.

Started off with a frozen lemonade from one of the stalls in Frontierland as it was so hot in the afternoon.

As it got dark a lot of the food places were really busy and there was nowhere to sit as the party itself was sold out. Headed to Casey's Corner and opted for Corn Dog Nuggets. These were really good! I struggle with a whole corn dog as I find them stodgy but these bite size ones were nice and not bad at $5.99.

Headed over to Tomorrowland next and grabbed another slushie, blue raspberry this time.

Figured I had to try one of the MNSSHP snacks so I went for the Candy Corn Soft Serve, this was really good although it does just taste like Vanilla, it has candy corn in the bottom of the cone though which was pretty cool.

I only trick or treated at about 3 different stations, as I didn't want to lug the candy around with me on the rides, but this was my haul, so you can imagine how much you could collect if you did it seriously!

Old 16 Nov 15, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
That's not bad, would love to try the Halloween party night.
Old 25 Nov 15, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Day 6

Started the day at Landscape of Flavors at the Art of Animation resort, lots and lots of choice but as I wasn't that hungry I opted for a breakfast sandwich which I think was bacon, cheese and mickey shaped egg. This was ok, nothing special though. I wish I'd just gone for granola and fruit.

Ventured to Hollywood Studios for a few hours and it's not a trip to Disney without a Mickey Pretzel. Even better than I remembered...

Then it was off to Epcot to Food & Wine. I'd picked a Friday evening for this. BAD IDEA. It was absolutely heaving, so much so that I didn't even try that many things just because of the sheer queues, I even ended up leaving before Refelctions because of how busy the place was.

Anyway...

Started with a cheese fondue and sourdough from the Cheese Studio. I'm sure this was only $3.99 and was well worth it, probably one of the best things I had all trip.

Next it was on to France for a La Passion Martini Slush, which I *think* was Grey Goose, Cranberry and Passion Fruit. Either way, it was awesome, sweet but strong and so refreshing too.

Then I went to Patagonia for the beef skewer with chimichurri and boniato puree. So glad I went for this, it was really good, would definitely have it again.

Lastly I moved on to Germany where I had what I was looking forward to trying all trip, the Schöfferhofer Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen and it certainly didn't disappoint. Wish I'd ordered the liter.

Then a quick trip to the caramel shop for some popcorn and I (rightly so) called it a day.

And that was Florida done. Pennsylvania was up next...
Old 26 Nov 15, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Some of those Food & Wine dishes look amazing. x
Old 26 Nov 15, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

bloomin brilliant start
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List