Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Mar 16, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Update

Hellloooo i'm back for the next installment. This day doesn't seem like we really ate much! So apologies in advance.

30th October-Universal and Hard Rock

Today we were checking in for a 2 night stay at Hard Rock hotel, so were up at 7am.

Breakfast

Again, as we had bought the little cereal pots we ate these in the room. Today's choice were Applejacks.

These pots were really good value and a tasty way to start the day.

Mid morning

We had to go back to get our room later in the day so we were in the parks and stopped for a snack.

We hit San Francisco Candy Factory again to share a White choc chip cookie and a Fanta.

US Orange Fanta tastes alot nicer to me, and the cookies as mentioned previously are absolutely delicious and packed full of chocolate.

Slightly Off topic

I wanted to bolster today's photos. So we went to check in near 12pm, a Front desk I showed my VIP card and we got upgraded to the hospitality suite "Isle of Wight". So here are a few photos of that.

This room was beyond amazing. The bed was also super comfy. We were situated about two minutes from the shop so really handy with that too.
We had a dining room, kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom and it just felt really luxurious and exciting to get this for free!

Afternoon

This is the last food I have recorded for the day(very strange). But we headed back to the parks and everywhere was heaving. We eventually ended up in Mel's Drive In around 2pm.

Arron had a chicken sandwuch and Miller Lite, while I ordered a cheeseburger a Twisted Shake.

The shake was nice, very thick and creamy but my burger was very generic. Arron said the chicken was very flavoursome and tender.

And that is it for today
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

... And a second update for this evening.

October 31st-Halloween(HRH, Uni and HHN)

We were up very early, around 6am this morning to use Diagon Alley early access.

Drink

Around 7:20 I got a hot Butterbeer.

It was still dark and felt like the best time to get this! I really enjoyed it as it was creamy, warm and sweet whereas normal Butterbeer is too sickly. Arron thought it was much better too.

Starbucks

We had been in the park for a while so were choosing breakfast. We were thinking Leaky Cauldron but decided it was a little pricey. So we popped to Starbucks.

I had the Grilled Cheese sandwich.

It looks very dull and was very dull! But it definitely filled a hole. I just found the bread a bit strong tasting and didn't think there was enough cheese.

Arron had the breakfast Classic.

From this photo I think its egg, cheese and sausage, it looked better than mine!

Snack

It felt very hot today, so we had a few stops along the way. Just after 11am we went to Moe's and Arron got a Duff.

We sat near Animal Actors and I got...Dippin dots!

I had Cookies n cream flavour. And I completely understand the hype. They were really nice tasting and cold too.

Springfield

Around 1pm we went to Springfield to get lunch. OMG i've never seen such chaos and queues. We weren't in any rush though so just stuck it out.

Some lady pushed in front of me, obviously didn't understand how queues work and got really annoyed accusing them of getting her order wrong(they didn't).

I had the Chicken Waffle sandwich.

And I loved it. The sweet sauce and waffle go together so well. The tater tots are also the perfect add on for the meal. I think taste wise this is one my favourite 'theme park food' meals.

Arron had the Clogger and a Duff.

Arron wasn't sure whether to get this, he did enjoy it. But I thought it was probably too much food!

Drink

As I said earlier, it was really warm today. Probably over 30c at the end of October(it felt hotter). So I got a Cherry flavoured Icee in Suess Landing around 3pm.

Unfortunately it was lots of froth and hardly any ice, but sweet and nice all the same.

Late night Pizza

After our big lunch we were content until about 1am when we popped to Louie's pizza.

Arron got Supreme and I had Pepperoni.

Arron is right, their pizza is really really good. The server kept offering free water whenever we visited as well which I thought was very nice of him.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

What an amazing upgrade!
I'm hungry now

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
The room looks fab! How did you find HHN on 30/31... was it stupidly busy?
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Wow, that hotel room is insane! My husband loved that chicken waffle sandwich too
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
What an amazing upgrade!
I'm hungry now
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
The room looks fab! How did you find HHN on 30/31... was it stupidly busy?
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Wow, that hotel room is insane! My husband loved that chicken waffle sandwich too
It was an amazing upgrade considering my VIP cost me $15!

Julie-We didn't go to HHN on the 30th, but on Halloween it was mayhem. They had an issue with Arron's ticket which took an hour to resolve at Guest Services. So GS gave us 6 Express passes for the inconvenience.

Just as an example we did American Werewolf and Bodycollectors with normal 20 minute queues between 7 & 8:30. At 10pm FVJ had a 75 minute wait, Insidious was the same.

The waits were pretty similar on November 1st too, but we had Frequent Fear + Express passes for 3/4 of our nights. We enjoyed it but did experience longer waits on 29th October-over 100 minutes for The Purge!

The last night of HHN, which is 31st this coming year is unfortunately always going to be a tad busier I think.
Old 24 Mar 16, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Thanks for the info Debs, we don't arrive until the 29th this year ... I was hoping as the 31st is a Monday that it might be a bit quieter than the weekend. Hey ho...what will be will be, as long as we're there that's all that matters
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 16, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Update

So i'm back for a little bit more. Life keeps getting in the way!

November 1st-Uni, HHN and HRH

As we were staying at HRH we weren't in a mega rush today, we woke up around 7am and headed for breakfast before 8.

The Kitchen

We knew that The Kitchen did a buffet breakfast and thought this would be a good day to go. The buffet is $19.50 per adult. The breakfast has an omelette station and a griddle station plus loads of cereals etc.

Here are some of my plates.

And Arron's, including his made to order omelette.

It was also unlimited juices, coffee and tea. We left $50 here and got double charged. I managed to get this all sorted by email once back in the UK. Misunderstanding between restaurant, front desk and us.

Drinks

No photos here, but we got a Duff and a Lemon Icee in Springfield and sat down by the lake with these around 1:45pm. It is our favourite place to sit and chill in Universal.

Margaritaville

Our breakfast had left us pretty full but we thought we should go and eat/drink somewhere. So we headed to Citywalk around 4:30pm and went to Margaritaville. We sat at the bar and got some drinks.

First off I had a Mango Daiquiri($9.25) and Arron had a Who's to Blame(also $9.25).

We hadn't been planning to eat, but decided on some bar food and got the Lava lava Shrimp and chips & salsa.

We love this shrimp, its a bit spicy with good batter and the sauce really goes with it. Yum.

Next up I had a Don't Stop the Carnival($9.75) and Arron had an Incommunicado($9.75).

Thats his drink. Mine was amazing but I have no photo

Finally Arron ordered a Perfect Margarita($10.75).

We also realised whilst settling up that we hadn't been charged for our second drinks. It was really busy and hard to get his attention so we just left a large tip to partially make up for it!

No food at HHN tonight, but we were out until after 1-2am again
Old 30 Mar 16, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Another update today!

Second bit for today...

November 2nd-Mall day

Today we were up around 8:30 as we had no park plans at all. It is Mall day so everything was quite chilled.

Friendlys

Our original plan had been IHOP but Friendlys was very near the hotel and we had really enjoyed our last breakfast there.

We had the same waitress again who remembered us because of me ordering a milkshake!

Today I had an Oreo shake and Arron got a milk.

I really like the milkshakes here and it is just such good value too.

We both had different breakfasts today. I built my own omelette with Canadian bacon, peppers and mushrooms, sides of toast and breakfast potatoes.

They seemed confused that I didn't want cheese in my omelette. But i'm not a cheese fan. The omelette felt really light and fresh which set me up for the day.

Arron had the Cheese and Egg Supermelt with breakfast potatoes/peppers.

Arron loved it, the potatoes were really tasty and the portions were good too.

We both really like Friendlys, they have a good variety of things and it is really great value. Servers were lovely too.

Millers

We went to Florida Mall for the day and the idea was to eat at Ruby Tuesdays(we ate there last year and loved it!) but it had been closed down during the mall refurb .

So we improvised and decided to chill in our room til about 5:45 and head to Millers.

We started with Raspberry tea for me and a Margarita for Arron.

Followed by a Long Island iced Tea and Arron and Hot Zingers to start.

As i've said previously, the zingers are awesome and plenty of chicken.

For mains I had the blackened Mahi Mahi with Broccoli.

The fish was really well cooked, I like my broccoli a bit softer but the Americans seem to like it crunchy.

And Arron had chicken and steak Fajitas.

Arron loves Mexican food and liked the amount of meat he got. He rates Millers over Antojitos!

I plumped for a dessert in here. I love them, but normally feel too full on holiday. I got the Captain Jack's buried treasure cake.

And it was so good. . Its an ice cream cake with cream and chocolate. What's not to love?!?!

This was our one before last offsite day so there is some Disney to look forward to...
Old 30 Mar 16, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Total yummyness and go you with the upgrade at hrh where did you get the vip card ?
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List