Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jul 16, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jorm35
slightly serious Dibber

Tell me the truth please!

I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to rides! I will NEVER do the hulk or manta etc. I will (reluctantly) go on thunder mountain and the water rides with drops. I love the 3D simulators and the Harry Potter rides. So, my kids have nearly got me convinced to go on Everest, space mountain and the mummy - can someone please tell me how they compare to the rides I've mentioned please ie how fast? How bad are the ups/downs etc. Thank you, want to be prepared lol x
jorm35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

escape from gringotts and The Mummy are very similar (similar track ride, with similar dips and small drops). I love them both.

I absolutely love Everest and I class myself as a ride wimp (I won't do Space Mountain for example, and Splash Mountain I do but I have serious butterflies in my stomach all the way through it and scream my head off when we're splashing down that final drop). Splash is the worst one of the rides I do at WDW for me. I'd rather do Tower of Terror than Splash, given the choice.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

I'm probably more of a wimp than you as I don't like the simulators. I've been on all the three of the rides you mention. Space Mountain I used to be fine with. The only reason I avoid it now is because it rattles you around so much and I have back problems. I've been on The Mummy once. Never again. Also Expedition Everest once, earlier this year. I was happy I finally managed it and said that was probably it. Today was my fast pass day. I've booked EE...I'd say it's similar in terms of speed and drops to BTMR, just somewhat bigger.
What helped me with Everest was that I had watched it over and over again on YouTube, so I knew exactly what to expect, whereas with The Mummy (some years ago, probably before YouTube was invented) I had not a clue what was coming.
Old 2 Jul 16, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dogmanpaul
Excited about Disney

Everest is brill and even for a wimp you will love it. Space mountain I find boring and if you are above average height and not skinny then it hurts as you get thrown around. Mummy is brill but can be uncomfortable bit like space mountain but it's defo one to do
dogmanpaul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Where's the Mummy? I'm sure I ever. Sorry pressed enter to soon! How can I delete?

Edited at 10:40 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Where's the Mummy? I'm sure I didn't see it when I was booking FPs
Old 2 Jul 16, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Originally Posted by freccle View Post
Where's the Mummy? I'm sure I ever
The Mummy is at Universal Studios.
Old 2 Jul 16, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jorm35
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks guys, think I'm going to have to go for it as both dd and ds want to ride them and dh can only sit with one! I WILL be brave 😬
jorm35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

My dh doesn't like coasters..doesn’t like everest at all...especially the backwards bit. Can just about cope with the mummy as backwards part on there is not too long or intense... he has no issues with space mountain... To his surprise!
I think the only way is to build up to them slowly and just try and see for yourself. I think it's never as bad as you think. I regret not doing tower of terror on my first trip, I could ride it all day now!
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 16, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post

I can't do simulators and you would never get me on Tower of Terror ! But I love EE, The Mummy,and Gringotts and my favourite ride is Cheetah Hunt in Busch Gardens.
I am going in August and am trying to muster up the courage to do The Hulk.. It's the upside down bit that freaks me out and the worry of being completely dizzy when I get off!
Closed Thread