Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jan 15, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Hotel New York Breakfast

Hi, we are staying here in Feb half term with half board plus included.

I was wondering what the breakfast here was like and are we able to have our breakfast anywhere else instead please?

Thanks
Sarah
Old 21 Jan 15, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Armanaleg
Apprentice Imagineer

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago. Breakfast was a buffet and really plentiful - both Hot (scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes and pancakes with syrup ) & Continental (bread, pastries, croissants & rolls together with meats, cheeses, fruit & yoghurts etc). Also four or five different cereals/muesli are available. Usual array of hot drinks and juices/water as well.

When booking in we were asked what time we wanted to have breakfast, even though they gave us tickets for 7:30 on a couple of days, going in at 7am was not an issue - made sure that we could maximise EMH!

Used both the Manhattan dining room as well as the Parkside diner, both offered the same range. This hotel also caters for conferences, so it can get busy - we had several happening during the week, which meant the Manhattan room was not available a couple of morning. They also use the Bar for Breakfasts, however the tables and chairs are more for relaxing than dining. We didn't use the bar for breakfast, but looking in some people looked a bit uncomfortable having breakfast in there.

Not sure if the breakfast is transferrable to other hotels/locations - I'm sure someone will be along that can answer that soon. Have great time.

DLRP - DC 96; SL 98; DLH 03, Castle Club 07 (upgraded by Mickey to the Cinderella Suite), CC 09, DLH 14, HNY 15, HNY Empire State 17, SL Golden Forest 23
WDW - POR 06 & 08.
WDW - 2010 & 11 - 21 days - Both Cancelled - Redundancy!
Armanaleg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 15, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Thanks very much Armanaleg

That's sounds plenty for all of us.

Hopefully somebody else can answer the query about whether we can have breakfast elsewhere?
Old 21 Jan 15, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Not sure, but you already have one of the top breakfasts there. Apart from Disneyland Hotel everything else would be a step down.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 15, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

no you don't get the option of taking breakfast anywhere else for no charge, just the 2 restaurants or the bar at the HNY . As its a full hot and continental breakfast buffet, you don't get the option of taking breakfast in the park as that would be a downgrade on your hotel breakfast (continental only when breakfast in the park is available).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 15, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

OK thanks all. Glad to hear it sounds a good breakfast, fill us up ready for a busy day in the park
Old 22 Jan 15, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Am I correct in thinking that any hotel below the New York is continental breakfast only? We wanted to book the New York for next july but were put off by lots of comments on here saying it will close for refurb and we would probably be moved to the Newport bay club so we booked that instead and now I am wondering if we did the right thing!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post

danisleigh: Yes, that's right. The breakfasts in hotels below HNY are indeed continental style. There are a couple of exceptions which are in place or planned (Golden Forest, Admiral's Floor) but that's one thing that makes a difference to us too when booking.

It is still currently undecided as to whether HNY will now completely shut down for the refurb. A decision is expected (hopefully) in the next few weeks along with a new timescale for the part/full closure.

My CM friends have said that it is not likely to close this financial year, so I would realistically expect anything to happen after November.

I'm sure that you will have a fabulous time at the NBC - especially with how the new rooms and facilities are looking now.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Talking about the Newport Bay, is the refurb finished there as was thinking of maybe going to the buffet there but didn't want to go if loads of refurb work going on?

Thanks
Old 22 Jan 15, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by keiko315 View Post
danisleigh: Yes, that's right. The breakfasts in hotels below HNY are indeed continental style. There are a couple of exceptions which are in place or planned (Golden Forest, Admiral's Floor) but that's one thing that makes a difference to us too when booking.

It is still currently undecided as to whether HNY will now completely shut down for the refurb. A decision is expected (hopefully) in the next few weeks along with a new timescale for the part/full closure.

My CM friends have said that it is not likely to close this financial year, so I would realistically expect anything to happen after November.

I'm sure that you will have a fabulous time at the NBC - especially with how the new rooms and facilities are looking now.
Thanks for your help! I suppose with the £130 we saved by booking NBC we could pay for a couple of breakfasts!
Am I right in thinking we could eat breakfast at chef Mickey and pay an upgrade? If this is correct would you book in advance or at the hotel?
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread