Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 May 15, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile tolls how do I pay?

Hi we are thinking of driving from callais to DLP I was wondering if anyone new how much the tolls would be and if we need to have the cash to pay or is there an alternative way of paying
Thanks in advance for any help
Old 15 May 15, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Armanaleg
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Mazzadee. Drove down in January this year. The tolls were €21.70 each time. As far as I can recall I used a card on the way down and cash on the way back. Both methods were very straightforward. I am pretty sure that on the way down there was a toll lane for UK drivers i.e. window on 'our' side of the road, on the way back my wife had to sort it out. You can get an electronic prepaid payment card so you don't need to stop, but I didn't think it worked out as worth it as there were only two tolls to pay.

The Road to Paris was a very easy drive with lots of stopping places. Only hassle I had was misreading the Sat nag when on the 104 and decided to turn off into Villeparisis! It made for an interesting few minutes, to say the least. Drive time was just over three hours including a few stops.

This was the first time I had driven myself and I would do it again tomorrow if I could get the time off work!

Have a great trip.

PS the 'sticky' at the start of this forum is a really useful starting point for planning a drive.

DLRP - DC 96; SL 98; DLH 03, Castle Club 07 (upgraded by Mickey to the Cinderella Suite), CC 09, DLH 14, HNY 15, HNY Empire State 17, SL Golden Forest 23
WDW - POR 06 & 08.
WDW - 2010 & 11 - 21 days - Both Cancelled - Redundancy!
Armanaleg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 15, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. You have put my mind at rest about the driving now I can concentrate on the fun!
Old 16 May 15, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

Another tip I would say is try and stop at the service stations within the toll zone, they are usually better quality, cleaner and well maintained.

We had to stop at one of the "aire" type rest stops when my son was about 4 and ended up weeing in the trees cos the toilets were so filthy!

Also we made the same error as armandaleg with the satnav so now I print out paper instructions too just in case
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 15, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Armanaleg
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jen78 View Post
Another tip I would say is try and stop at the service stations within the toll zone, they are usually better quality, cleaner and well maintained.

We had to stop at one of the "aire" type rest stops when my son was about 4 and ended up weeing in the trees cos the toilets were so filthy!
Would agree with Jen78 on this one. We made an 'emergency' stop at one of stopping areas. The ladies totally refused to use the facilities and we had to make a dash to the next full service station!

DLRP - DC 96; SL 98; DLH 03, Castle Club 07 (upgraded by Mickey to the Cinderella Suite), CC 09, DLH 14, HNY 15, HNY Empire State 17, SL Golden Forest 23
WDW - POR 06 & 08.
WDW - 2010 & 11 - 21 days - Both Cancelled - Redundancy!
Armanaleg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the tip about the service station's, this is why the Dibb is brilliant! Who doesn't love a clean toilet on a long journey. Thanks guys
Old 17 May 15, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

We will have done this drive this time next week... can't wait to get there now!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 15, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by darbs View Post
We will have done this drive this time next week... can't wait to get there now!
we will be in the PI in dover waiting to do it the next day

good luck on the weather
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 15, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
we will be in the PI in dover waiting to do it the next day

good luck on the weather
forecast looks to be improving so fingers crossed! I want to see some sunshine !
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 15, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by darbs View Post
forecast looks to be improving so fingers crossed! I want to see some sunshine !
Just dry will do me

we are so used to the weather in WDW in Oct, this trip was always going to be a risk
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread