Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 18, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink17
Earning My Ears

Cheap August flights

Hi everyone newbie here 👋 we are looking at going in August 2019 and would like to know the best way to get cheap flights? Our dates are flexible for the whole month and are happy to fly from anywhere if the price is right! Happy to fly indirect and also to any airport in Florida so including Miami etc.
Tink17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
If you are after the cheapest flights then you will need to wait until the airlines release their schedules and tickets for your desired dates. Most airlines release them 11 months before the flights so you will be a bit early if you start looking now.

Once flights are released just keep visiting the Dibb as there will be a thread for "Cheap flights for Jul/Aug 19" popping up.

If you see a goodprice posted there then move VERY quickly. It probably won't hang around long.

If you want to look for your own deals once flights are released then try Skyscanner, Kayak or ITA Matrix.
Old 10 May 18, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Pea007
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I was in the same position so have been watching flights like a hawk! I was about to book indirect for £630pp from London (I live in Leeds!) but yesterday managed to get Manchester direct with virgin for £700pp!

It may not be a bargain to all but definitely the best price ive seen for direct from Manchester I months so I bit the bullet! Booked with travelup through Skyscanner and my tickets were live on the virgin app last night - yay! Plus they include luggage costs and food/drink! Xx
Pea007 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Cheap. August and flights are not three words commonly used together. Just check daily and clear cookies but best to know what cheaper has looked like previously as August is not a bargain month generally.
Old 10 May 18, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As Burgmeister says start looking from September onwards, set up flight alerts using Skyscanner and Kayak also check on here. I would suggest going mid August after most of the US kids have gone back to school as it can make the parks a bit more quiet. Oh and once booked don't look at prices again. Finally flying into other airports can be cheaper, try Sanford, Tampa as well as Orlando.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index

Edited at 06:39 AM.
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pea007 View Post
I was in the same position so have been watching flights like a hawk! I was about to book indirect for £630pp from London (I live in Leeds!) but yesterday managed to get Manchester direct with virgin for £700pp!

It may not be a bargain to all but definitely the best price ive seen for direct from Manchester I months so I bit the bullet! Booked with travelup through Skyscanner and my tickets were live on the virgin app last night - yay! Plus they include luggage costs and food/drink! Xx
What dates was this for a sounds amazing for August?
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We’ve had bargain flights the last 2 August’s (and missed some for this year as weren’t in a position to book 😕 ).

Both times indirect. Last year was with BA fly drive flying out end of July (after schools broke up) returning August these were booked on release in September. They had similar bargains for this August flying into Miami from Manchester indirect via Heathrow. The year before we booked just before Xmas indirect connecting in the US. Both times paid just over £300 each and I saw the same price for the Manchester/Miami ones this year.

In December last year for this August there were Gatwick/Tampa direct flights for last 2 weeks of August for the low £300s. A couple of weeks ago there was Manchester direct to mco for low £500s for end August return 5th September.

There’s definitely bargains to be had if you’re flexible. Start looking in September and set up alerts on kayak/Skyscanner.

Usually (though not always) the last 2 weeks of August are cheaper than early August.

Edited at 01:50 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Pea007
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Our dates are the 2nd - 16th! Really happy - we’d have loved to have got a total bargain like the above but couldn’t gamble any longer as I’ve been watching them for weeks and was about to boom indirect but with three small children it wasn’t appealing as the landing times would have been middle of the night for them and that mixed with the perils of McO was giving me sleepless nights - we had Norwegian last year for £500 but that was late August - we’re restricted on dates this year! X booked through travel up on Skyscanner xx
Pea007 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

I've been tracking prices this year so I know what is a good price for next year and just seen these. This is for 2 adults and 2 children.

katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
brody-maddison
Imagineer

brody-maddison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
It can be done, we flew with Air Canada last year for £450pp. Flights were indirect but for that price I didn’t care.

We booked them the previous October.