Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Jun 18, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'm a big Orlando fan but there is no denying food and eating out is now expensive.

We hunt out cheaper options like Subway & Sweet Tomatoes. Two weeks dining at Olive Garden and on-site would cripple us!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
brody-maddison
Imagineer

brody-maddison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Onsite dining is expensive but it's on a par with prices at UK theme parks.

I think it feels more expensive due to the exchange rate. Hopefully the pound will pick up against the dollar.
Old 8 Jun 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I take a lot of cereals, coffee, tea, snacks, biscuits etc with me at least a suitcase full..
Old 8 Jun 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yes I think it’s quiet expensive but when you paid £6000- 8000 to get there you seem to think it’s irrelevant really how much the food is . Most of our spending money is on food tbh.
Would you pay $24 (approx £18) for a buffet breakfast in the uk , no but you would at the wave . Eye watering really.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

When I first started going, they wanted 10-15% tip max, and food was so much cheaper. Yes exchange rate was better, but food still so much cheaper. Supermarkets though have never been cheap.
Now its on a par I'd say.
However it does depend where you go.
I was in Hershey last year and that was cheaper.
New York, wow, much more expensive than London. Even the chains were upping the prices 30% +. That doesn't happen here where a Carluccio, Pizza Express etc seems the same in London as Leeds.
I'm in Dublin a lot and I find like the USA , the prices there rapidly rise when the economy picks up.
That doesn't seem to happen in restaurants here as much.
This demand for 20% tip now also inflates it.
Old 8 Jun 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Yes I think it’s quiet expensive but when you paid £6000- 8000 to get there you seem to think it’s irrelevant really how much the food is . Most of our spending money is on food tbh.
Would you pay $24 (approx £18) for a buffet breakfast in the uk , no but you would at the wave . Eye watering really.
And don't get me started on Disney inflated prices lol. With tax and tip, a buffet breakfast at Boma is at least $32 a head- absolutely crazy. $125 or near £100 for your family of 4 breakfast.
I won't do it any more, it's a rip off.
Old 8 Jun 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
0-Town
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
And don't get me started on Disney inflated prices lol. With tax and tip, a buffet breakfast at Boma is at least $32 a head- absolutely crazy. $125 or near £100 for your family of 4 breakfast.
I won't do it any more, it's a rip off.
I think more and more people are starting to realise it as well.
0-Town is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

On site is much, much more expensive but it’s like and airport or any other visitor attraction. You’re charged for being a captive audience. Fruit even in the supermarkets is ridiculously expensive it’s no wonder they all eat so much junk when 12 massive donuts is cheaper than 4 bananas 🙄
Old 8 Jun 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by 0-Town View Post
I think more and more people are starting to realise it as well.
Are they?

Disney have been and are building both hotels and restaurants almost as fast as they can and they are all very busy by and large.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Are they?

Disney have been and are building both hotels and restaurants almost as fast as they can and they are all very busy by and large.
I agree. You’ve only got to see all the comments here as well to appreciate many people see the food as much as a part of the holiday as the theme parks. I find that strange but I take two men with me who are in that camp too!
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List