Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Aug 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Thats why its 2020 for me, on site with qsdp.

One things for sure, they wont need to offer free dining to encourage people to stay in the Star Wars Hotel. It will initially sell out many times over with all the fans in the world and the continuing film trillogy.

Disney332
New Star Wars hotel for ONE PERSON for 2 nights is $3300. You can’t do less than 2 nights From a leak online. If that’s true then it will be out of most people’s reach I would imagine
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
It's more restricted next year than it has been and I think it will eventually be phased out. Not all in one fell hit, just gradually over the next few years.

Agree, I think the dates will get more restrictive until it's phased out or only available in super off peak times eventually. But not all in one go.
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I imagine that free dining costs so little to offer that they will continue to do it rather than lose potential bookings. Remember, they have added extra free dining offers this year for US & Canadian customers to fill the gaps in occupancy.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I really hope it keeps going as I’m not sure we’d go without it. Unless the pound gets better as the food was ridiculously expensive.
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nells77 View Post
I really hope it keeps going as I’m not sure we’d go without it. Unless the pound gets better as the food was ridiculously expensive.
I agree. Those on the dining plan are less worried about exchange rate fluctuations as the food cost is sorted.

Still important but not a deal breaker.

Disney332
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve never really stayed onsite before but with free dining next year we have taken the plunge! It works out to be a very good deal as we will most likely eat in the parks as only going for 6 days ! Will want to cram it all in😁 Fingers crossed the offer stays!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Best to review the facts to consider this answer. Disney use free dining to help them attract guests when they need them to fill rooms. Different offers therefore in different countries. The value has decreased over the years. The first time we used free dining it included an appetiser with TS meals and the gratuity was included. That stopped. Then for several years free dining could be combined with hefty % off accommodation at OKW and SS. That stopped. So what we know is incrementally over the years the value of the plan has decreased and the availability of rooms open for the plan have also reduced. If and when Disney can fill the rooms at rack rate with no incentives then they will stop/reduce offers further. Their policy is aimed at attracting wealthy visitors who will pay. I think it will end within the next 5 years personally.
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

The free dining offer for 2020 was much more restricted in terms of dates and room types than it has been in the past. It will be interesting to see whether Disney think this has been successful when they release any offer for 2021 as this offer will inevitably reflect that.

We are October travellers generally and are ruled out of free dining for next year. They would have to make an alternative offer for me to consider staying onsite at that time again. We may well look at renting DVC and adding a plan if needs be otherwise. I do think October bookings will be down...and it was also interesting to see Disney making a free dining offer available last minute to US guests as the uptake for GE was not what they expected.

Maybe we’ll get more last minute offers in the future.

Whatever, I think the all encompassing free dining covering a majority of dates across all resorts is gone
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

If it comes back for 2021 and at CBR I can see me panic booking incase they don’t do it for 2022! Just wish there was more certainty over it but they won’t do that as it might stop people booking for each year!
We’ll be doing universal next time so will already have that extra cost on so the free dining will be definitely needed to meet our budget
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Do you think they will need to offer it in anniversary year 2021 with so much happening and the inevitable hype?
Yes. At least here in the UK.

The number of UK travellers going to Orlando has been dropping in the last couple of years. WDTC (a UK company) will want to keep attracting UK guests otherwise it looks like it's failing. Therefore, I still think UK guests will be offered free dining.

However, it might not cover October 2021 when the anniversary actually happens. Which is similar to 2020 albeit the free dining will possibly stop a couple of weeks earlier (mid-Sept) than it does in 2020.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List