Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Let's do Halloween! Sept/Oct 2019. Day 7

Day 7

Edith woke at 6.30am but we managed to get her back to sleep until 9am. We were heading to Animal Kingdom today and were were going to miss our first FP for the character meet so I managed to change it for later in the afternoon.

Once we were in the park we had a little wonder around. I found a nice little bag in Trading Posts that was a sort of bumbag that attached to a belt. It was a mini mickey backpack & I couldn’t resist it. Im not normally a fan of much Disney merchandise but this was too cute to pass up. Aaron was peckish now having skipped breakfast so we got in the queue for Yak & Yeti opening at 10.30am, keen! He had and Laura both had the Orange Chicken and I had one of the mini mango tarts! I wasn’t keen at all.

We head to Pandora next to meet Jon and Lisa, they were also having an early lunch in the Satu’li Canteen. Our first FP was for Navi. I absolutely love this ride and don’t understand the stick it gets. I personally wouldn’t queue for 70 minutes for it but it’s well worth a FP, Edith loves it too.

Next up was the Safari. For some reason, even though we told the CM we were a party of 7, he split us over two different rides. Not a major problem but it’s a bit annoying when you visit as a group. The safari was amazing as usual. The animals were out in force.

Jon and Lisa head off after this and we carried on over to Flame Tree so I could get some of the Pulled Pork topped fries. I also ordered some onion rings as I knew we could all munch on them. Aaron had a beer too and we sent a mobile order so by the time we arrived it was ready.

We joined in a little dance party next but I was gutted that the characters weren’t there like on our last visit. Our character FP was ready now so we head over to that. We let Laura take Edith in for the photos. She still wasn’t keen on the characters.

We got a quick pic in front of the Tree of Life & then left the park. Laura grabbed a giant donut on the way out of the park that we all shared. We drove back to the hotel via a quick stop at Wallgreens for some bits. I had an hours nap with Edith before Aaron and I set off again to Halloween Horror Nights. This time we got an Uber at 5pm. The plan was to do everything we missed last time, the shows, the rides in the dark, the scare zones ect. First though, we wanted to have a couple of drinks at Margarittaville, our favourite spot at City Walk.

We grabbed a seat at the bar & ordered a couple of Incommunicados, a drink we remember being good on previous visits. We also ordered some boneless wings to snack on. The drinks were good so we ordered some more and then another round. While we were at the bar, we got chatting to a group of 3 men, a father and his two sons. His one son was in the military, based on Hawaii and he had come to Florida to visit home for the first time in 4 years so they were out celebrating. They were also heading to HHN later in the evening. IM not sure at one point we started buying rounds but before long, all the men were doing Jack Daniel shooters and I had another 2 cocktails in front of me. This wasn’t going to end well. I have just checked the ingredients for the cocktails…. Vodka, gin, triple sec, tequila and rum!

We finally made our way over to HHN, I have absolutely no memory of entering the park whatsoever. We said goodbye to our new found friends and I said to Aaron I needed to sit down for a bit. We grabbed a table near the Monsters Cafe and I tried to sober up with some water. It didn’t work. Aaron was saying that we needed to get up & walk around but my legs were jelly & I physically couldn’t move. To get straight to the point, we were both very sick. Thankfully, the music was so loud that no one seemed to notice and we washed away the evidence with some more bottles of water. I was absolutely horrified with myself. I very rarely get drunk and I have never been sick in public. Aaron decided he needed the loo now and as my legs allowed me to, we stood up and walked to the nearest ones. I sat on a wall and waited for him, In fact I waited so long I fell asleep, looking up at a lovely tree. I think I was out for about half an hour and when I woke I checked my phone to find messages from Aaron trying to find me.

This was my tree

I got up, feeling very fresh all of a sudden and went looking for Aaron. I found him, very close on an identical wall, he thought I had moved. He was still wanting to head into the park and get some things done but I knew it wasn’t a good idea and I made the call to head home. We managed to get to the pickup point for Uber and make it home without being ill again. It was a bitter sweet evening. We’d had a really great night up to the point we entered Universal but were so gutted that we completely wasted our HHN tickets. The next day, Aaron admitted that he had drunk 3 beers before we even left the hotel. We were in bed by 10pm!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
What a shame about the wasted HHN tickets. A good night up till then.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve all been there. We had a similar experience in Vegas a few ago.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

That's hilarious,it's good to have a blow out now and again,its a good job you weren't at epcot otherwise you would have been the stars of the dibb thread, drunks at epcot lol xx
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a shame about missing HHN but an absolutely hilarious reason why 😂. At least you had done the houses the other evening

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
What a shame about the wasted HHN tickets. A good night up till then.
I know, I'm still gutted now. We had such grand plans. x

Originally Posted by Gwilspeed View Post

We’ve all been there. We had a similar experience in Vegas a few ago.

Its one for us to look back on & laugh for sure!

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
That's hilarious,it's good to have a blow out now and again,its a good job you weren't at epcot otherwise you would have been the stars of the dibb thread, drunks at epcot lol xx
Haha imagine

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
What a shame about missing HHN but an absolutely hilarious reason why 😂. At least you had done the houses the other evening
That's the best thing, at least we had managed all 10 houses!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

A lovely day, until the sickness, but sometimes, you just have to do these things!

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A shame you missed out on HHN but sounds like you enjoyed the company

Joan
Old 26 Oct 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you had a great night perhaps not quite what you planned but a good night all the same!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Ha ha that's so funny, I don't know how far apart the 'identical walls' were but I'm imagining them right next to each other