Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Oct 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jenzo View Post
watching with interest. I have had my refund for TC flights but when i mentioned claiming for the additional cost of rebooking, Lloyds said i would only be able to claim, for example things like if i had lost the deposit on a hotel booking or train tickets bought but now not needed.

they specifically said i could not claim for the additional cost of rebooking my holiday now with Tui?

any thoughts?
I honestly don't know if this is right or not. I do know that the Customer Service people we speak to on the phone, in the main, aren't very well trained in queries that aren't run of the mill.

I can't book my replacement flights until late Nov early December so can't submit a claim for price difference yet.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jenzo View Post
watching with interest. I have had my refund for TC flights but when i mentioned claiming for the additional cost of rebooking, Lloyds said i would only be able to claim, for example things like if i had lost the deposit on a hotel booking or train tickets bought but now not needed.

they specifically said i could not claim for the additional cost of rebooking my holiday now with Tui?

any thoughts?
Well they would, wouldn't they...

My thoughts are make a claim as if you can, get an official response in writing and submit it to the financial ombudsman which is free.

Nothing to lose...
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jenzo
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Well they would, wouldn't they...

My thoughts are make a claim as if you can, get an official response in writing and submit it to the financial ombudsman which is free.

Nothing to lose...
Yep will do. The person who advised me this was from the dispute team. Not the first point of contact. still worth a go though.
jenzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I forgot to add some detail yesterday...

When I spoke to Tesco they said when they make an "offer" it will be the full and final one and once accepted that closes the case. She said you might claim "£300" but they might offer "£60". Which I found to be interesting information...

Might be a case of accept the offer or risking it by pushing to the FO.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
charleion
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

When claiming out of pocket expenses does it have to be like for like as I booked a different route on the return leg to reduce the price? Otherwise my oop costs would have been crazy
Old 25 Oct 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by charleion View Post
When claiming out of pocket expenses does it have to be like for like as I booked a different route on the return leg to reduce the price? Otherwise my oop costs would have been crazy
Same here

I would argue you have taken sensible measures to reduce the credit cards exposure. Can't see it being a problem. Time will tell
Old 25 Oct 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
antheve
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by charleion View Post
I have had to book flights a day earlier and into mia instead of mco to get prices near to what I paid.
I just added a covering letter with the claim explaining this and in the long run it is to the benefit of the cc company.
Haven’t heard anything back yet but here’s hoping.
antheve is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

So have people put their new flights in with their original claim? We’ve put our claim in with barclaycard and in the OOP expenses we put in the £80 we’d paid for a balance transfer that ended up not being needed if we get the money back. So would we have had to put new flights in then or can we apply again for OOP when we eventually book new flights? Obvs we don’t want to just book more expensive ones in case they don’t pay out so we’re waiting for a better price.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
So have people put their new flights in with their original claim? We’ve put our claim in with barclaycard and in the OOP expenses we put in the £80 we’d paid for a balance transfer that ended up not being needed if we get the money back. So would we have had to put new flights in then or can we apply again for OOP when we eventually book new flights? Obvs we don’t want to just book more expensive ones in case they don’t pay out so we’re waiting for a better price.
No idea but I would imagine the longer you wait the less likely of getting a payout.

I submitted mine a week after original claim and days before the first payout.
Old 27 Oct 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I won't now be submitting a claim for OOP expenses. All I had booked so far were flights with TC and I have now found flights for the same dates with TUI. I have paid just over £1k more but that was for Premium both ways instead of just on the return flight with TC. Just glad to have it all sorted and hope TUI don't go the same way as TC

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List