Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jun 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Poly Girl 68
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
That's interesting - was it a Transatlantic flight or a European one? I'm still waiting on my refund from a cancellation email of end of April
Sorry, should have said this was for EDI DUB MCO.

I emailed askus@aerlingus.com on 19/6/20 to ask for an update on the refund and they replied with a standard email and a different case number. Then on Wednesday this week received an email to advise full refund processed and the refund was back on my card this morning.

Poly Girl 68
Poly Girl 68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I finally got my refund!
I sent an email to askus@aerlingus.com Late last week and got an email back on Tuesday saying my refund had been processed - refund back on my credit card today. I applied online on the 23rd or 24th April.
The other option is to phone them - if you are in Ireland the number to use is 01 7617835. You could be on hold for a while but once you get through and get speaking to someone, things seem to start moving. I phoned them during the week just to find out when the refund would appear as the email doesn’t say. I phoned at 8pm and phones were still being manned.
I have read elsewhere that getting to talk to someone on the phone yields speedy results.

Edited at 09:21 AM.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Poly Girl 68 View Post
Sorry, should have said this was for EDI DUB MCO.

I emailed askus@aerlingus.com on 19/6/20 to ask for an update on the refund and they replied with a standard email and a different case number. Then on Wednesday this week received an email to advise full refund processed and the refund was back on my card this morning.
That's great news and thank you for following it up on this thread.

It certainly looks like contacting by email for an update rather than phoning is the way forward; we're still waiting for a refund for a cancellation requested some 25-days before you had cancelled and with a lower case number's of 107,100.

So we'll be writing today to askus@aerlingus.com

Thanks and all the very best

Br'er Bear
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
wpalmer
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jrenfrew View Post
If you paid by credit card then claim back via section 75, I got my money back next day, didn’t bother trying with Aer Lingus
Me too. Sadly not the same result so far with VA!
wpalmer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
I finally got my refund!
I sent an email to askus@aerlingus.com Late last week and got an email back on Tuesday saying my refund had been processed - refund back on my credit card today. I applied online on the 23rd or 24th April.
The other option is to phone them - if you are in Ireland the number to use is 01 7617835. You could be on hold for a while but once you get through and get speaking to someone, things seem to start moving. I phoned them during the week just to find out when the refund would appear as the email doesn’t say. I phoned at 8pm and phones were still being manned.
I have read elsewhere that getting to talk to someone on the phone yields speedy results.
Many thanks Joshie1 for following this up and great news you received a full refund.

Is there any chance you could please let us know your case number to the nearest 100 and we'll add it to the first post. You cancelled only 6-days after us so it would be interesting to see how many other case numbers were raised over that short period. It would also help inform other Dibbers who's still waiting and those who will soon be requesting a refund.

We've phoned a number of times from the UK on 0333 006 6920 and basically just told there's a high number to process, will be dealt with in time and sorry for the delay.

Maybe that's not the best number to call them on, so will try an email.

Clearly Aer Lingus are not processing refunds in the case number/date they were received which highlights either a problem with their systems or when contacting them by email they push you up the list.

Many thanks and all the very best

Br'er Bear
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I called them today on the Dublin number Joshie posted and they've processed my refund which they said I should receive in the next few days

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Many thanks Joshie1 for following this up and great news you received a full refund.

Is there any chance you could please let us know your case number to the nearest 100 and we'll add it to the first post. You cancelled only 6-days after us so it would be interesting to see how many other case numbers were raised over that short period. It would also help inform other Dibbers who's still waiting and those who will soon be requesting a refund.

We've phoned a number of times from the UK on 0333 006 6920 and basically just told there's a high number to process, will be dealt with in time and sorry for the delay.

Maybe that's not the best number to call them on, so will try an email.

Clearly Aer Lingus are not processing refunds in the case number/date they were received which highlights either a problem with their systems or when contacting them by email they push you up the list.

Many thanks and all the very best

Br'er Bear
It was 5307000

Have to contact my bank now and halt the chargeback request.

Will think long and hard before using Aer Lingus again.

Edited at 08:55 PM. Reason: Added in the missing zero
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
It was 530700.

Have to contact my bank now and halt the chargeback request.

Will think long and hard before using Aer Lingus again.
Thanks Joshie1 and I've entered your refund in the first post, but can you please verify your case number as it looks like it's missing a digit, normally it has 7-digits.

It's been a long time since we last used Gatwick with it's cheaper flights and like you we will be considering other options in the future, but flying from our local airport is so much more convenient and also with it's pre-clearence in Dublin then Aer Lingus is going to be hard to beat.

In a way the delay of the refund might well of been a godsend, had we received it back in April or early May then we might well have booked for Sept and by the way it's all going we would have to go through the process of a refund all over again, so in a strange way that's a positive for us.
Old 27 Jun 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

I called them today on the Dublin number Joshie posted and they've processed my refund which they said I should receive in the next few days
Many thanks TinkTatoo and that's great news so please let us know when you receive it and we'll update the first post.
Old 27 Jun 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Great news.
I went for the voucher to book next years trip BUT am kind of regretting that now as I've just had my AN Post FX currency card suspended because of the wirecard scandal.

I thought it was a mastercard and had no idea wirecard involved.I stand to lose $2000 if not sorted (thats a bit less than the flights) and am 'gutted'!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List