Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jul 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My (ex) friend bought me a plate! Why? My sister bought me toe socks - I gave her them back for her birthday
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
One year I bought my Dad an Everton FC jigsaw for Xmas, knowing full well he was a die hard Liverpool FC fan😇😇😇.

Has he disowned you?
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
My (ex) friend bought me a plate! Why? My sister bought me toe socks - I gave her them back for her birthday
I also got a plate, but a WW type, it’s showed you how much protein , veg, carb you should have on it. 🙈🙈
Old 14 Jul 20, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

My bil and sil bought us a grey perspex letter rack, for christmas, why. On the lead upto Christmas they went on about what a fabulous present we were going to have, I am so ungrateful, it is the thought that counts.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 05:33 AM  
Link to this Post
quiddity
Apprentice Imagineer

quiddity's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

My auntie & uncle obviously got these as a free gift or job lot because 1 year me & my 2 brothers got for Christmas a travel mens grooming kit & a filo fax... That had a diary in that was 3 years out of date!

However I love the idea of space on the moon! I've done it myself for a nephew who was into space & got a star for DW for an anniversary. Yes neither are officially yours however they are never sold again on that register.
Things have improve since she turned her nose up at that though! For our 10th anniversary I got her a star map print of the sky above us in orlando the exact time we got married & last year, going on an eco friendly present mindset, I got us a cherry blossom tree planted in a nature reserve
7/2/12-9/2/12 cheyenne DLP for 1st time!
28/09/12-12/10/12 clarion inn LBV again again!
quiddity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

For his 30th birthday DH was going on an amazing holiday and had asked everyone to give him money to spend out there on things that he otherwise wouldn't do.

In her wisdom his mum decided not to do that as she didn't want him "p***ing his birthday present up the wall" (he does like a drink) and so instead got him a very very expensive vintage bottle of wine. Oh the irony that she got him something that he would literally p*** up the wall!

Thing is, he doesn't even like wine and what do we do...either drink it and so it's gone in 30 mins or keep it in the back of a cupboard never to see the light of day.

A few years later his brother got a lovely watch for his birthday...exactly what he had asked for 😡
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

I love my MIL, but shes not so good at doing presents. For Christmas last year though she excelled herself. I got a set of childrens bagpipes that dont actually work, a hand stitched picture of Garfield and a half done bottle of perfume. My daughter ( her only granddaughter) got a body shop white musk set and some one direction perfume.

As well as some nice slippers, jumpers and pyjamas, we took her to see les mis, I know it sounds bad but I did let her know that the tickets were expensive.

I dont like to sound ungrateful and I know it's the thought that counts but most of the time she shows no thought into her presents and I would rather not get anything than a load of tat.
disney_l81 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Years ago my bil brought my sister a vhs video of a fleetwood Mac concert because he knew she liked them . They didn’t own a video player

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I got a large gift set of bath bombs from my sister in law who is in my house all the time... I don't have a bath!

I got a notepad from my work colleague (nothing fancy just a standard notepad). I work in an office with a stationary cupboard full of them.
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Libby29 View Post
I also got a plate, but a WW type, it’s showed you how much protein , veg, carb you should have on it. 🙈🙈
Well that's even more useless if you follow HFLC diet. 😂
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List