Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Aug 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

For years I’ve been a spender probably spent thousands on clothes , accessories , beauty products over the years .
Covid has been an eye opener for me , I sorted all my clothes sold loads on eBay am now using all my Products up before I buy more and not going to shops to browse.
I started taking packed lunches to work about 5 years ago as I was spending a fortune in the canteen and my weight was spiralling.
I stopped taking money into work , leaving it in my car and I couldn’t be bothered to trek to the car park to get money !
I started working from home last year on a two year contract and I’ve lost weight and saved a fair bit of cash since lockdown.
But I live in sportswear and flip flops ! But I do put make up on every day .
My view is of some thing happens to me all my stuff will
Probably go to the tip 😊
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Having cleared the cupboard under the stairs I amterrible at buying the same thing over and over. Mind you sorting my clothes was similar, how many black vest tops and black shrugs does one woman need?
To make you feel better - my FIL buys 3 of a poloshirt or top if he finds one he likes. He is far worse than anyone I have ever met 😯. One summer when we visited him we decided to count... 72 poloshirts whereof 38 white and 7 of those white ones still in original packing. 44 pair of trousers. Half of which were too small. 4 were red. Seriously who needs 4 red trousers!?
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I've been doing the same such as buying a personalised number plate that is a waste of money (aren't they all), plus looking at a replacement car that will cost a lot more and I don't need, and my wife never even uses her car now she is working from home full time.

I'm also not rich but with the little interest I'm getting on my savings I might as well spend it😀
MH I also bought dh a private number plate, for no reason. I agree it's a waste of £100's
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

I think lockdown has been an eyeopener for all of us.

DH has saved so much not buying coffees and lunches at work (works in central London so not cheap)

I always take a packed lunch to work as the only options are fast food and I dont want to spend/ gain weight.

I am a sucker for going to the shops. The shopping centre and retail parks are a day out for me.

Places like home bargains and B&M - I go in and spend £50 but on what? Rubbish!

Ive also stopped going to the big Asda for food shopping. I only go there because I love the homeware and clothes sections.
Instead I now go to Aldi and have been really good and just buying what we need.

We've saved quite a bit of money during lockdown which will hopefully be going towards holidays in 2021/22
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I really was missing Pilates so I orderd a Pilates ring. By the time it finally arrived I had lost my enthusiasm, plus it came without instructions so that is now under my other stairs.
I bought a weighted hula hoop, I will never use it, it's in my dressing room taking up space
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My excuse is lockdown boredom, I couldn’t splurge on my Ds wedding so my dd got it all. I bought loads of fairy lights for the garden and we heard a helicopter hovering last night. We thought it was coming in to land!
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

On Saturday I bought 10 stake solar garden lights, I don't have anywhere in the garden suitable to put them so away in a cupboard they went.
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LadyAurora View Post
On Saturday I bought 10 stake solar garden lights, I don't have anywhere in the garden suitable to put them so away in a cupboard they went.
I bought a solar flamingo and cow!
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Not me, I just don't buy stuff. However DD has been here since the start of lockdown. The delivery men are never away.
We now have loads of new kitchen stuff, I have a new phone and new walking boots. That's just this week.
I have never ever spent so much since the start of lockdown.
Feebee2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I bought a solar flamingo and cow!
I do like the sound of those, gonna have to have a look