Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
HolidaySi
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Disney resort changed from Aug 20 to Aug 21. Got refunds for August flights and villa booking but not going to commit to new ones until things change for the better including Disney being back to normal. Fingers crossed this will happen!
HolidaySi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
What are you all planning?... Will you plan for 2021,do you feel safe to do so or will you plan for 2022?..
Personally, I think the effects of the virus will still continue well into 2021. Therefore we're currently planning for 2022.

Well, to be honest, we aren't planning anything. But 2022 is looking like the likely year we go. Or it might even be 2023.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
MamaG
Getting Excited

We usually stay on site, but have bought tickets for next July through attractions direct and paid the £10 flex fee so we can cancel them if we need to . We've booked a villa and a car instead of Disney Resort, as without free dining etc I don't feel its worth the price we usually pay.
1993 Park Inn International, 1997 Villa 1998 Indian Ridge Oaks. 2015 Windsor Hills, 2016 Disney's Old Key West, Hard Rock Hotel. 2018 Hard Rock Hotel, Disney's Old Key West. July 2020 -December 2020 - July 2021 Cancelled by Covid! Feb 2022 Rosen Inn July 2022 Hard Rock Hotel, Cabana Bay, Disney Dolphin, Emerald Island
MamaG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Another one here who is hoping desperately for October 2021! Considered Easter, seems too soon and Summer doesn’t work for me next year.

Those who have booked for after September next year, I’m assuming you haven’t got flights yet - if you do, who with?

Disney World website isn’t letting anything be booked past September 26th 2021 so I’m guessing anyone who has a room on site after that must have booked before Covid started? I’m checking everyday. I don’t know if I’ll book before Christmas (I feel there might be more clarity by then about the situation as a whole) but if a good price appears it will be worth grabbing.

I’m not convinced late 2021 will be full yet - they cut it off a long way back now and let’s face it the Americans have a big unemployment problem right now and we are in a recession - vacations are normally the first thing cancelled in a financial crisis.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the All Stars to reopen by next year. Most affordable for me! Can do Pop but AS much less of a stretch. Was meant to stay in Music this year 😢
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We are hoping for 2021 but not yet booking. We hopefully will have the money from our cancelled 2019 trip.
We decided to cancel not reschedule as if we are onsite we want free dining.
We don't feel comfortable booking until we have a better idea of all the variables. I'm open to a different type of trip but I need to know I have insurance in place etc. If there is no free dining I might look at the partner hotels or values. We are keeping our fingers crossed but I'm not convinced its going to happen. Also keeping an eye on Disneyland Paris for a fix but not while quarantine is a problem.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MamaG View Post
We usually stay on site, but have bought tickets for next July through attractions direct and paid the £10 flex fee so we can cancel them if we need to . We've booked a villa and a car instead of Disney Resort, as without free dining etc I don't feel its worth the price we usually pay.
WeVe done the exact same. Onsite just doesn’t seem worth it at the moment so we’ve booked car villa and tickets which are all fully refundable.
Lou1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We have a trip booked for next September, just held villa and tickets using the flex plus as previous poster mentioned. Am feeling bit despondent about it all to be honest, and conisdering cancelling already, as I just dont feel I will have the confidence to pay for flights when they are released and I dont want such a big expensive trip planned when the world is still so uncertain. Its all just sinking in really.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ocaz
Earning More Ears

We normally stay onsite at Disney and should be there right now

We pushed everything to next August 2021 - 13th to 29th

We've got 6 days booked at cabana bay to start with but just got refund from Disney after they removed dining plan on our back so cancelled everything as staying on site is just not worth it for us now.

Just struggling with what to do anyone recommend suites close to Disney or a villa - my only concern is booking through company that may go under. Open to recommendations
ocaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have been hanging on to see what Disney actually release for October/November 21 before we book but really don’t know what to do, has anybody heard when they might finally release something for beyond September next year ?
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Wysbob
Proud to wear my Ears

We got our Oct 2019 holiday rescheduled to Oct 2020, we are keeping everything crossed that there will be some form of normality, we know there my still have restrictions and we will look at them in time to come. We booked directly with Disney and I must admit I can’t fault them with us, we managed to change our hotel in Glasgow to next year and our insurance, we just need to look at flights and we will keep our eye on that and will wait near the time to book our other tickets.
Wysbob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List