Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Aug 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Ive no idea how long my inlaws have been married, dont think they do or my hubby and they dont know about ours. They often ask my hubby why we bother with cards, whats the point it was a day thst has now passed.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Only special. Silver and next week ruby. Apart from that it’s dinner at home or dinner ou.

We had planned a special weekend for the ruby next week but you know what Put pay to that
Happy ruby wedding anniversary for next week.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

It looks like many of us have anniversaries around this time, its 22 years for us next week. Sometimes we buy gifts, some years it just a card. I have bought something lovely for dh this year as I know its something he wanted.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Ours is tomorrow, we just do cards.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We don’t bother with anniversary cards or presents. We always get a card from my parents, but that’s it. I do put the date on the calendar, just as a reminder to DH, he’d completely forget otherwise!
Old 31 Aug 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Ours is tomorrow, we just do cards.
Happy anniversary for tomorrow
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

We don’t celebrate ours at all. The fact that my husband’s mum passed away a couple of minutes past midnight after our wedding put the whole day under an unfortunate dark cloud.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
I dont mean by buying gifts as I'd never expect that, or even cards, but just a text would be thoughtful!
I'm kind of used to it now, some of my family don't bother with my childrens birthdays never mind our wedding anniversary!
I’d be bothered about family forgetting kids birthdays ... for anniversaries we just get a happy anniversary if we mention we are celebrating . Mind you my husband is rubbish at remembering most birthdays, only reason he remembers our anniversary date is because it’s the day after his daughter’s birthday and if he forgot one he’d have forgotten both and would be in biiiiig trouble with us both
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
No, just a card, although I think we forgot this year haha. We do usually try and go out for meal or to see a film if we're both off work, to be honest the last few years we've just gone out for dinner with the kids.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

We've been together 12 years but married for 4. Presents aren't a thing unless either of us see something the other would love.

Last year we went to Florida on our anniversary

HE has surprised me with a pandora bead before.

We make more of an effort on birthdays/ xmas
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List