Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Sep 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Split Stays and Universal

We’ve never done a split stay but we have been exploring some options for when it is time to book. As it’s a special trip, we were looking at 3 weeks.

We’ve got our heart set on a week at CBR (mainly for the skyliner) then 2 weeks on I-Drive. Rosen at Pointe seems a good choice for what we want.

We were going to look at purchasing express passes at Universal but considering booking a room, at the premium hotels, there for the two days express instead. Of course I don’t want to pay for a night at Rosen if we aren’t using it so how does everyone normally fit this into their trips?
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Most people will either not stay in their paid accomodation and stay at Universal or not stay at the booked Universal hotel, depending on how far away their main accomodaton is. Either way they pay for a nght in hotel where they will not be staying as it is cheaper that purchasing Express passes.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d say you’re only option to get the best benefit is to do it between disney and I drive unless you want to pay the extra night. In the grand scheme of things paying for the Rosen too may not break the bank but only you know that and it’s worth to you.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did 3 weeks last September.

We stayed 6 nights at the Rosen Plaza on I drive
6 nights POR then 3 nights on the Disney Dream.
3 nights at AOA and our last 3 nights at RPR

It’s just the 2 of us so we found it straightforward.
Old 18 Sep 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

I think just booking it in addition and just not staying thr one night at the Rosen is probably the better option. Saves having to repack everything for one night and an overnight bag will do.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve done it both ways. I think if you are just going for one night you might as well just book this as extra and then you only need to take an overnight bag. Do bear in mind that it takes a bit of time getting to the hotel and checked in, although we were hampered by worn out kids so maybe schedule a rest day beforehand. We love HRH and it’s only a short walk to the parks from the hotel.
I think any longer than one night and it would be better to completely move hotels, either between Disney and I Drive or at the end.
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Depending on the amount of time you want to spend in Universal and your flights home, you could consider doing it for the last night - book in super early, head to the parks all day, stay overnight, check out in the morning, leaving luggage with Bell services if you don't want to chance leaving it in your car, come back early/mid afternoon to collect bags and drive to the airport.

However that would only work if you would like/be satisfied with a short time in Universal. As others have suggested doing it between Disney and I drive would be your best option, and you could visit Universal in the days
afterwards if you still needed a fix