Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Oct 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Swan & Dolphin shuttles

Just seen on another site that WDW buses have stopped servicing the Swan & Dolphin so shuttles from there are now operated by Mears. Wonder if that means they’ll drop guests off at the charter bus stops at park entrances? And will the Boardwalk now share WDW buses with the Yacht & Beach?
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

The Boardwalk always did share buses with YC/BC at certain times.

I’m surprised they’ve done that though; it would make me pause before booking the Swan/Dolphin until I knew the frequency.
Old 14 Oct 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
The Boardwalk always did share buses with YC/BC at certain times.

I’m surprised they’ve done that though; it would make me pause before booking the Swan/Dolphin until I knew the frequency.
Yes that’s my concern. I don’t mind if they’re run by Mears as long as they run regularly. Although it may just sway us towards a car.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
just get the boat to HS or Epcot, and utilise/access the transport there
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
It’s a short walk to the Boardwalk bus stop. We often get off at the Swan / Dolphin and walk to the boardwalk as it’s usually an earlier stop.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

It's a nice walk from the Swalphin to HS or International Gateway for EPCOT
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
It’s a short walk to the Boardwalk bus stop. We often get off at the Swan / Dolphin and walk to the boardwalk as it’s usually an earlier stop.
We’ve done this many times when staying at BWV - I just wonder if this is the first sign of other contractual choices either from Disney or Swan/Dolphin which may impact other things guests here have traditionally enjoyed...
Old 14 Oct 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
We’ve done this many times when staying at BWV - I just wonder if this is the first sign of other contractual choices either from Disney or Swan/Dolphin which may impact other things guests here have traditionally enjoyed...
I’m glad it’s not just me . We were undecided whether to take advantage of the free nights offer but since Disney are doing free cancellation we went ahead and booked just in case this is the start...

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I saw a picture of a Mears coach outside the Swan - I wonder if they’re going to use ‘normal’ coaches which have steps to enter and a narrow aisle. It could be difficult for families with strollers, wheelchairs and ECVs.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List