Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Oct 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Good luck I hope you get the job xx
Thank you! I hope so!💜
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Mobile

How is everyone feeling? The weather is definitely turning cold where we are now and the nights are getting longer everyday. Hope everyone is doing okay, or as well as you can. 💜
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Hi! Had a bit of a mental blip earlier in the week, just the constant corona news I felt overwhelmed by the whole thing, however, in other news I have had a couple of interview offers, so next week will be busy doing those, which is good! One is for a call centre dealing with Selfridges customer care, one is a Youth Worker position which I am quite keen on, and lastly I am hoping to volunteer as an appropriate adult, at our local police holding centre. Am now worrying about possibly being too busy in the not so distant future! Got quite used to 10am breakfast and coffee!

Am trying to walk daily, loving the sunsets, and the leaves, its a beautiful time of year visually despite bad weather.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Hi! Had a bit of a mental blip earlier in the week, just the constant corona news I felt overwhelmed by the whole thing, however, in other news I have had a couple of interview offers, so next week will be busy doing those, which is good! One is for a call centre dealing with Selfridges customer care, one is a Youth Worker position which I am quite keen on, and lastly I am hoping to volunteer as an appropriate adult, at our local police holding centre. Am now worrying about possibly being too busy in the not so distant future! Got quite used to 10am breakfast and coffee!

Am trying to walk daily, loving the sunsets, and the leaves, its a beautiful time of year visually despite bad weather.
I know what you mean about the corona news, I wish it could all just disappear and we could go back to life as it was before, it’s just constantly there all the time.

Good luck for your interviews! It all sounds really interesting and exciting! I too have become used to long lie ins and leisurely days, don’t know how I’ll feel when I go back to work!

This is the best time of year to me, it always puts me in a better mood, it’s just so lovely with the leaves and trees and the colder weather!
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Good luck with the interviews 🤞 I'm sure with your personality you'll sail through them 🤗😘
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Keep your chin up everyone, I'm trying, it's not easy I know.
I come on here for some light relief but lately it's not been easy 😢
Big hugs 🤗🤗

Edited at 10:11 AM.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Well done on the interviews and best of luck.

I know what you mean about all the negativity on news channels. I have stopped listening to them. I can't change things, so just going to keep doing what I have been doing all along.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Just managed to pour boiling water over my wrist so I am fed up. Generally doing fairly well. It has taken DH a long while to cover from shingles. The rash went quite quickly but the constant nerve pain has left him shattered.
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Just managed to pour boiling water over my wrist so I am fed up. Generally doing fairly well. It has taken DH a long while to cover from shingles. The rash went quite quickly but the constant nerve pain has left him shattered.
Ouch that's bound to hurt ☹️ shingles is awful though, your poor DH it'll take time
Old 16 Oct 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
I was made to feel yesterday that my negative feelings about a situation are invalid and that I can’t feel sad about it because there are other people in worse situations (even though the person who said this doesn’t know the full story because they never bother to ask). They also went on to say that they are a positive person (basically shaming me because I was being negative about my situation).

I politely explained to them as best I could that just because other people might have had it worse, that doesn’t make the situation any less difficult for the person who is struggling and that doesn’t make their feelings invalid or wrong, we are human and we don’t choose how we feel and trying to shame someone into thinking they’re wrong for feeling the way they do is very low.

I also explained that some of us are realists, we aren’t negative, and we aren’t positive, we look at the whole picture and we are realistic about how we feel in regards to that situation, as not every situation needs a positive spin and forcing positive feelings into a negative situation isn’t always healthy. We need to be honest with ourselves in order to be truly happy.

I don’t think the message sunk in as they’ve always been a tad ignorant, but what I’m trying to say is, feel free to vent whatever you need to vent and never feel shame or guilt for doing that. We are only human and a healthy mind is one that isn’t burdened. I will never get fed up of people telling me how they feel, good or bad, I’ll always be hear to listen to anyone. 💜

Edited at 10:12 AM.