Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Oct 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
nattyk
Imagineer

Mobile

Just ordered some thanks 👍👍
2008 (April) - Villa Windsor Hills, 2009 (Dec) - Villa Tuscan Hills, 2012 (Aug) Regal Palms/Marco Island 2013 (Aug) NY & Orlando, 2015 (Aug) AMI & Orlando, 2016 (Aug) Cabana Bay & AMI, 2017 (Dec) Orlando Villa Formosa Gardens
nattyk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Mine does after a BEROCCA
Is that what we call it now. I can't keep up with you young people.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
It is an offence under the Food Safety Act 1990 to falsely describe food or likely to mislead as to the nature or substance ( quote)

Vitamins are sold as food supplements ,what do they contain other than stated on the label ?
It might be an offence but you have to be caught. Believe me, many cheap vitamins don't contain what they say they do
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
It's not new news at all - the effect of vitamin D on respiratory tract infections has been widely researched.

I'm pretty sure I posted this here when it was published well over six months ago:

A worthwhile reminder though, particularly as the sun's power now wanes, we spend more time indoors and we get less vitamin D naturally than we do in the summer.
Thank you, a very informative video. I’ll definitely be buying some Vit D now. I do eat fortified cereal and eat the right things (as well as too many ‘treats’!).
Interesting to read how many people have commented that it helps with tiredness. I find myself falling asleep on the sofa when I get home from school some days - I’d assumed it’s because I’m on my feet most of the day as well as walking to/from school, but maybe that’s another hidden benefit if it reduces tiredness!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

This lot cost me about £15.

The hard tablets I ordered (tiny) then the gels came up on Prime day so I thought I’d might as well order them as well as Mrs YT is on them now too.
Old 17 Oct 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Thank you, a very informative video. I’ll definitely be buying some Vit D now. I do eat fortified cereal and eat the right things (as well as too many ‘treats’!).
Interesting to read how many people have commented that it helps with tiredness. I find myself falling asleep on the sofa when I get home from school some days - I’d assumed it’s because I’m on my feet most of the day as well as walking to/from school, but maybe that’s another hidden benefit if it reduces tiredness!
Happy to help

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ordered again from Amazon, the Kirkland brand. DH is a roofer and gets more sunlight than most, but was still advised to take this supplement by his consultant. Most people are deficient. He was in normal range, but has painful joint issues!
Old 17 Oct 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Ordered again from Amazon, the Kirkland brand. DH is a roofer and gets more sunlight than most, but was still advised to take this supplement by his consultant. Most people are deficient. He was in normal range, but has painful joint issues!
UK winter sunlight, from October to March give or take, is not strong enough for us to be able to make vitamin D from.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

Having looked into vitamin D, it seems sensible to take a supplement at least in winter. However, I’m always wary of internet advice from non medics. The nhs website says the following:

“Consider taking 10 micrograms of vitamin D a day to keep your bones and muscles healthy.

This is because you may not be getting enough vitamin D from sunlight if you're indoors most of the day.

There have been some news reports about vitamin D reducing the risk of coronavirus. However, there is currently not enough evidence to support this.

Do not buy more vitamin D than you need.”

10 micro grams is the equivalent of 400 IU. So 4000 IU is 10 x the recommended NHS dose. The NHS website says the following about taking too much vit D:

“ Do not take more than 100 micrograms (4,000 IU) of vitamin D a day as it could be harmful. This applies to adults, including pregnant and breastfeeding women and the elderly, and children aged 11 to 17 years.

Children aged 1 to 10 years should not have more than 50 micrograms (2,000 IU) a day. Infants under 12 months should not have more than 25 micrograms (1,000 IU) a day.

Some people have medical conditions that mean they may not be able to safely take as much. If in doubt, you should consult your doctor.”
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yozza1977 View Post
Having looked into vitamin D, it seems sensible to take a supplement at least in winter. However, I’m always wary of internet advice from non medics. The nhs website says the following:

“Consider taking 10 micrograms of vitamin D a day to keep your bones and muscles healthy.

This is because you may not be getting enough vitamin D from sunlight if you're indoors most of the day.

There have been some news reports about vitamin D reducing the risk of coronavirus. However, there is currently not enough evidence to support this.

Do not buy more vitamin D than you need.”

10 micro grams is the equivalent of 400 IU. So 4000 IU is 10 x the recommended NHS dose. The NHS website says the following about taking too much vit D:

“ Do not take more than 100 micrograms (4,000 IU) of vitamin D a day as it could be harmful. This applies to adults, including pregnant and breastfeeding women and the elderly, and children aged 11 to 17 years.

Children aged 1 to 10 years should not have more than 50 micrograms (2,000 IU) a day. Infants under 12 months should not have more than 25 micrograms (1,000 IU) a day.

Some people have medical conditions that mean they may not be able to safely take as much. If in doubt, you should consult your doctor.”
I’ve told them if my wee turns orange and sun starts shining out of my orifices, I’ll be on them!