Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Oct 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Isn't it funny though, this week when we went out with one of the couples, I asked the non sharer to taste my Cocktail and he did, but his wife sat there and kept it to herself...
Sharing a drink in these times 🦠 seriously?

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I would not offer or accept a sip from a drink someone had sipped from (beyond my own household) at the moment or share food from another’s plate.
In more normal times, at home , yes I’d offer a taste if we were eating different things, in a restaurant , no not as a matter of routine. Maybe occasionally if something was extraordinary.
If your mate’s wife wanted whitebait, she’d have ordered whitebait
I would agree - as I said earlier we have no problem sharing - at the minute we definately wouldn't share across plated.
Though if we had a takeaway (when we were allowed friends in), we shared stuff out with serving spoons (not eating spoons that people were using).
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
Sharing a drink in these times 🦠 seriously?
I got told off form the OP for saying that lol But `I want to remain alive so hey “no way Jose”
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Nope, I'm too greedy 🐷
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re sharers. We always discuss before ordering too so that we all have different things.
More to try!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

We'll share a takeaway of a few dishes between family/friends, or pre covid would share dishes say in an Indian restaurant meal dining in. But otherwise no.

I can't imagine going to a lovely Italian restaurant and anyone sharing or tasting someone else's meal.

Perhaps for us it's based on what the meal is.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

We don’t share food either. I suppose we’d try something if it was say several of the same items like spring rolls or something. Something that you could lift whole off the plate. I’d never share a drink with anyone and I’d never eat off a fork after anyone else. I’m including DH and our kids in that.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Definitely a sharer! And not just with family. When we go out for work we always offer each other a taste of what we’ve ordered, share a bowl of chips or starters. I find it odd that people don’t to be honest! It’s a perfect opportunity to taste something you may not have tried before and it’s opened me up to a lot of menu items I wouldn’t have normally ordered. We usually go for Chinese or Indian though where your main meal is on a serving plate so we’re not eating from each other’s plates. With family though we take from each other’s plates all the time. Dad always gets offered the leftovers!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
Sorry but I find it really odd that people don't share a takeaway, that's all part of the fun trying as many dishes as possible, would find it really strange to sit there eating Chinese with just my own dish in front also sometimes we will order a dish of noodles and share 3 mains between 4 of us, if we each ordered our own we would end up with masses of food. Also in my experience as a restaurant manager particularly with desserts I get just as many orders for one dessert with multiple amounts of spoons as I do for individual ones
I think a take away is the exception as the food hasn't been dished up when you have it. So you can dish it up to share.
Old 17 Oct 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

I don't mind sharing takeaways. As long as it's served directly on to each individuals plate. I just won't share food of someone's plate that they have been eating. Girls at my work all stick their forks into each other's half eaten food 🤮 I couldn't eat another bite if someone stuck their used cutlery into my food.

Edited at 07:24 PM.
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List