Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Oct 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
3 loads out already today, we make a ton of washing here as 4 adults in the house, so with towels, bedding etc it’s never ending, we only use the tumble dryer as a last resort, out of interest those that only ever use the tumble dryer what does it do to your electricity bill each month? ours is currently £45 per month
Where do you live? Mines looking damp and depressed out there right now.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Just about to bring mine in and air it off on the pulley before ironing it and putting it back on the bed it smells amazing it is dry but I always air line dried stuff off in the winter for a short while
Used to love when DH work shirts went crispy with frost on the line if I’d not got them in quick enough
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Just about to bring mine in and air it off on the pulley before ironing it and putting it back on the bed it smells amazing it is dry but I always air line dried stuff off in the winter for a short while
Used to love when DH work shirts went crispy with frost on the line if I’d not got them in quick enough
Did your boys have Terry nappies? Nothing like a line of pure white nappies on a line.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes they did have terry nappies I still use nappy san on white towels dishclothes etc
As you say nothing like a line of sparkling white nappies blowing on the line
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Yes they did have terry nappies I still use nappy san on white towels dishclothes etc
As you say nothing like a line of sparkling white nappies blowing on the line

I use napisan on whites, it is a scene of satisfaction seeing bright whites on the washing line.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Those were the days when a boil wash was almost that!
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

My mum still uses my Nappy bucket ...I am 52 -obviously not for nappies now

I saw a thread once about a lady sat on a bus behind two elderly ladies going through some amazing scenery and one said to the other "Look at that and the other said I know look at those whites " on a washing line as they went past
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I’ve put away my washing line now that’s it till next March maybe, tumble dryer from now on
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
My mum still uses my Nappy bucket ...I am 52 -obviously not for nappies now

I saw a thread once about a lady sat on a bus behind two elderly ladies going through some amazing scenery and one said to the other "Look at that and the other said I know look at those whites " on a washing line as they went past
That would have been me!
Old 19 Oct 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

In normal years, where I'm working all day Mon-Fri, I'll only hang washing out at weekends if it's really nice and sunny. If it doesn't look like it'll dry completely outside and I'll have to put it in the tumble, I won't bother. It takes ages to hang out and bring back in, and if I have to use the dryer anyway, it's not worth my time, saving 5-10p a load.

I wouldn't normally hang washing out when I'm in the office Mon-Fri for 2 reasons: I'm too lazy to get up half an hour earlier just to hang washing out, and we live on Anglesey. Just because it might be sunny in the morning, doesn't mean it won't be piddling it down an hour later, even if the weather man says it won't!

There are 5 of us, and I do at the very least 7 x 10kg loads a week. 3 teenagers go through so many towels!

Throughout lockdown, where I mostly worked from home, it was nice being able to dry all my washing outside for 6 months, and not use the dryer once! I just planned all my washing by the weather forecast!

I stopped hanging washing out 2-3 weeks ago, and won't even bother to attempt it again until late March/April.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List