Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Nov 09, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajim36
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by madaboutmickey View Post
Im really excited , not long now we leave at 5pm tomorrow for the hotel at gatwick, bit worried as ive packed for hot weather but it looks like its changed, ive got two pairs of jeans so i should be ok, i'll be in florida though so i can always buy something
we have all been wearing shorts and tshirts so dont worry
WDW SUNSET LAKES VILLA 3RD NOV 09
WDW ROSEN INN POINTE JUNE 2019
amandajim36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 09, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amandajim36 View Post
we have all been wearing shorts and tshirts so dont worry
Oh good - what's the weather currently like during day and evening?!

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 09, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mickymunn
Earning More Ears

Our plans going fine ! We arrived yesterday afternonn after a 10hr flight. Had to fly up by Toronto as the weather was bad.
Picked up car and got to hotel fine. The Hilton Parc Soleil. Absolutly stunning place and room is amazing and pool areas.
Chilled in room for an hour then showered and then popped up to walmart for a few things and then the premium outlet store for an hour and did abit of shopping. Tiredness kicked in so back to hotel and went to bed.

Not long up and drinking coffe in room. Girlfriend off for a run in the fitness centre then off out for the day. Weather looks good for today.
mickymunn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 09, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Latics View Post
We go on 23rd and have decided to put up our Christmas decorations at home up the day before we fly. Anyone else doing this? Don't fancy doing it when we get home.
We're doing ours when we get back - something to keep us awake when we get in.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 09, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post

i cant wait now so excited! just got the last bit of packing to do before sunday xxx
Old 7 Nov 09, 03:22 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Hello from Orlando

Well all is going to plan so far. Only hiccup was on Wednesday when the Virgin site went down so I couldn't do online check in. However, I used the kiosk at the airport instead and it was a doddle. Got the 6 seats we had prequested which was great.

V Room was a nice way to relax before the flight. Stopped the kids from getting too bored/agitated etc. There was no delay with the flight - I think we were quite lucky as there have been a few delays with VS015 lately, the day before it was a 3hr delay.

Arrived at around 5.30pm Florida time. Immigration was a little slow but we used the Dibb tip of going to the far right hand line and it worked a treat - the line went down twice as fast as the others.

Pre-registering with Budget was good advice too, we went to the kiosk in the garage, the lady in there was able to put both drivers on both cars (we hired 2 cars from them). Getting out of the airport was a little hairy as it was dark, and obviously you're getting used a strange car, different side of the road, and you're tired after a 9 hour flight!

Villa at Windsor Hills is lovely, we were in the pool at 5 this morning!

Had breakfast with Pooh Bear and friends this morning which was really nice, spent a few hours in a quiet Magic Kingdom, all rides we did were a walk on (incl. Splash, BTMRR, PotC, Haunted Mansion) and left to go back to the villa at around lunch time just as it was getting busy, at the boy's request, they wanted to get back in the pool!

Oh, for anyone else with an early ADR on the first day, we changed our voucher for tickets at the Magic Kingdom no problem at all, a couple of the ticket booths were open with a 'will call' sign at the end of them so you could find them. Just note, the name of the person the booking was made under needs to be the one with the ID to exchange the vouchers. Then we had to wait until the restaurant opened at 8am before they would let us into the park. The Christmas decorations are up, they had Christmas songs playing, it really was lovely, and I may have filled up just a little bit It was nice to be able to take our time to walk up (or is it down?) Main Street, without a crowd and with no real urgency to get anywhere fast. Oh, and the smells coming from the shops, just amazing!

Weather is nice, not to hot, wore a cardi this morning, but got warmer by lunch time.

All in all, apart from the body clock, and tiredness, everthing's good. See you all soon
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 09, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post

hi jo

glad you arrived safe and sound, sounds like awonderful first day, we'll be at the airport tomorrow i have two very excited little boys which i love! ive just got to have a last minute tidy round today and change the beds, im up early so im going to make dh beans on toast before he goes to work ( its probably the onlyfood we have in the house:d
enjoy!
Old 7 Nov 09, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Hello from Orlando

Well all is going to plan so far. Only hiccup was on Wednesday when the Virgin site went down so I couldn't do online check in. However, I used the kiosk at the airport instead and it was a doddle. Got the 6 seats we had prequested which was great.

V Room was a nice way to relax before the flight. Stopped the kids from getting too bored/agitated etc. There was no delay with the flight - I think we were quite lucky as there have been a few delays with VS015 lately, the day before it was a 3hr delay.

Arrived at around 5.30pm Florida time. Immigration was a little slow but we used the Dibb tip of going to the far right hand line and it worked a treat - the line went down twice as fast as the others.

Pre-registering with Budget was good advice too, we went to the kiosk in the garage, the lady in there was able to put both drivers on both cars (we hired 2 cars from them). Getting out of the airport was a little hairy as it was dark, and obviously you're getting used a strange car, different side of the road, and you're tired after a 9 hour flight!

Villa at Windsor Hills is lovely, we were in the pool at 5 this morning!

Had breakfast with Pooh Bear and friends this morning which was really nice, spent a few hours in a quiet Magic Kingdom, all rides we did were a walk on (incl. Splash, BTMRR, PotC, Haunted Mansion) and left to go back to the villa at around lunch time just as it was getting busy, at the boy's request, they wanted to get back in the pool!

Oh, for anyone else with an early ADR on the first day, we changed our voucher for tickets at the Magic Kingdom no problem at all, a couple of the ticket booths were open with a 'will call' sign at the end of them so you could find them. Just note, the name of the person the booking was made under needs to be the one with the ID to exchange the vouchers. Then we had to wait until the restaurant opened at 8am before they would let us into the park. The Christmas decorations are up, they had Christmas songs playing, it really was lovely, and I may have filled up just a little bit It was nice to be able to take our time to walk up (or is it down?) Main Street, without a crowd and with no real urgency to get anywhere fast. Oh, and the smells coming from the shops, just amazing!

Weather is nice, not to hot, wore a cardi this morning, but got warmer by lunch time.

All in all, apart from the body clock, and tiredness, everthing's good. See you all soon
OH you have got me so excited you seem to be enjoying all the magic think im going to pack now
Old 7 Nov 09, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
sounds lovley, think I might just start the packing now, I'm sitting here looking at the empty suitcases, but the sun is streaming in through the window and I can hear the last wash spinning... all is well...AND I'M JUST TOO EXCITED FOR WORDS!
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 09, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinker
Apprentice Imagineer

Yay, Just logged into Dibb from the V-room at Gatwick, had a lovely night sleep at the Hilton last night and getting excited about our up coming trip. V-room nice and quite so making the most of the relaxing start to our holiday.