Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 May 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
cakes and angel
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Teppan Edo

Went with hubby in 2001 and loved it, but not been since.
Really wanted to go with my hubby and son & book as an ADR. However the trip advisor reviews are very mixed - plenty saying it used to be good but no longer. Would love some dibbers opinions please x
2023: MNSSHP
cakes and angel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Been 3 times. First time in 2010 was OK but nothing to write home about. It's never been top of our ADR list but gets on occasionally.

Last 2 visits have been very good - tasty food and fun. I can't say it was that much different to our first time except I think we were really tired on that visit. Plus on the latter visits we were a group of 8 and filled the table - so a lot more chat and interaction. As a party of 4 you usually share with another family.

It was my Wife's choice for her Birthday this coming September and considering we've eaten in most places worth dining in at WDW, if she's chosen it then it can't be that bad.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

It's been on our must do list for the last few years, still not sure how I'll feel about not going this year...if we can get a decent time I might book x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
flang
Excited about Disney

We have been a couple of times, good but nothing to rave about. I personally perfer Kobe on I drive.
Old 14 May 18, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We went a couple of weeks ago - really enjoyed the experience. Our chef was fantastic (as they all are)! The food was nice - the steak and shrimp in particular were cooked to perfection. Really delicious. The noodles etc were okay, would have preferred a bit more flavour myself, but no complaints.
DisneyStacey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Me and my daughter think it’s a really good evening. My husband and son refuse to go back as they think it’s nothing special!
So each to there own. Some love it some don’t!
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

Went last year - son thought it was in the top 2 or 3 places, i rated it too. Would definitely go back.
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We all really love it. It has something to suit most palates. I love the beef rice they have, and the noodles (I'm all about the carbs)
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

We went in August '16, really enjoyed it (I love Teppanyaki restaurants). Can't beat a fillet cooked in front of you, and the rice, sides etc were all great.
I will say that in the same trip, we ate at Kobe also, and the food was as good (if not better), and it was less expensive. Not quite the same "magic" though - the setting above Mitsukoshi, the cast members, the Disney... ambiance was where Teppan Edo won; price Kobe; food?... Kobe *just* shaded it.
Old 15 May 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

We really enjoyed it both times we went. Depends what you like food wise as the menu is limited but good fun and a nice change.
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List