Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Aug 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile Waterproof jacket

I’m going in less than a month and know that September, similar to August, is one of the wetter months with those midday heavy showers. Obviously they can only last half an hour but this isn’t always the case, and I don’t wanna have to ‘hideout’ for hours...and also don’t wanna get soaked.

Where have people managed to get well priced waterproof jackets from that are light enough for the Florida weather. Or am I better just ordering a pack of disposable waterproof ponchos or getting one in the park?
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
ive got a fold up pack a mack from primani but i also have a couple of ponchos from poundshop to be honest the ponchos actually keep me drier than the pack a mac and can also be used on rides and stuff

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

To me, a jacket in Florida isn’t worth the inconvenience of having to carry it when it isn’t being used. If you feel that you want something I’d go with the poncho idea (but cheaper buying before you get to the park) or wait it out, the rain never seems to last that long.

Edited at 01:03 PM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We usually get ponchos from Walmart. We get the Star Wars printed ponchos as they are a thicker material than the other ones but still are cheap.

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We got plastic mats from e bay with sleeves and poppers down the front. They fold up quite small too. Don't forget a plastic bag to put them in when they are wet.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
We took ponchos with us this month and never actually got them out of the bag, just dodged the rain or moved quickly around.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

We've got ponchos from previous trips we'll take - we've got a pushchair with us so will chuck them underneath, not sure we'd bother if we had to carry them! For DS he's got a lightweight rain coat we use in the UK we'll take as the ponchos are a bit big for him still. I plan to take my fold up rain jacket but will only take to the parks if it looks like a really rainy day.
Last times we've been have been Oct/Nov, April/May so not used to really rainy hot days!