Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Apr 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyHaunt13
Excited about Disney

Mobile Travel planners?

Anyone had an experience with these guys?

Trying to get something locked in for next year and so far it’s a tie between travel planners and ocean florida.

Travel planners have also told me that if I book AOA now they will let me change to POFQ if/when the free dining deal is released at no charge which is perfect but seems to good to be true...
HappyHaunt13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Welsh_Dragon
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Why don’t you book through a US travel agent, eg, Small World Vacations or Dreams Unlimited? The US WDW booking system offers much greater flexibility; the TA will apply discounts for you as they are released by Disney.
Welsh_Dragon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyHaunt13
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Why don’t you book through a US travel agent, eg, Small World Vacations or Dreams Unlimited? The US WDW booking system offers much greater flexibility; the TA will apply discounts for you as they are released by Disney.
I hadn’t really considered that as an option. Truth be told I’m looking to get a booking that includes flights as I’m pretty certain that flight prices will rise towards the end of this year
HappyHaunt13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What happens if free dining isn't announced. If you are happy with the original holiday and price great- for us free dining is a deal breaker so we cannot re book as Travel planners will not allow us to cancel if free dining doesn't materialize
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by HappyHaunt13 View Post
I hadn’t really considered that as an option. Truth be told I’m looking to get a booking that includes flights as I’m pretty certain that flight prices will rise towards the end of this year
booking via Us- means you cannot get the 14 day ticket we get and the US free dining is usually more restrictive than UK- I'd be vary of booking via the US to be honest
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cameo
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi,

We booked and travelled with them last year and overall it was a good experience. One frustration was one of the reasons we booked with them was we could fly direct from Edinburgh to LGW - unfortunately before the holiday they contacted us to say the flight wasn't running and we had to fly from Glasgow. The flight was running from Edinburgh but the number of seats they had allocated had been assigned so we had been moved.
It meant an earlier start, long taxi journey and then longer layover on the way back followed by additional hour home. Was frustrating but didn't spoil our holiday however wouldn't choose to do it that way again if we didn't need to.
Coronado Spring 2019
Cameo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
eowyn78
Being a bit Goofy

Yeah, I am having an issue with Travel Planners. They seem to be deluded that my holiday can go ahead this summer. They won't refund as the flights haven't been cancelled and don't seem to recognise the holiday is a package deal. it was an awesome deal and they won't let me book the same holiday package for next summer with Free Disney Dining Plan. I am hesitant to pay anymore of the holiday in May. I can't go this year even if it goes ahead in summer as I couldn't get travel insurance. That was down to my stupidity tbh. Should have sorted Travel Insurance when I booked it last year and paid that stupidly high deposit. What they are offering for next year is my higher in price and nothing like the excellent package I got for this year.
I assume I may have to kiss that deposit goodbye.
eowyn78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

I have used Travel Planners twice (including my current August booking) and found them mostly excellent so far. However I'll reserve full judgment on that once I see how they handle my moving the holiday to next year!
I did have a brief chat with them to go over my options and they seemed to be saying to hold on and wait until free dining comes out and not make any rushed decisions which seemed fair. They did mention they won't be buying any new flights with Norwegian (who I was booked with) so my price is likely to go up... lovely.
iwani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
karen1980
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We had some issues with Travelplanners but we now have moved our holiday to August next year as we couldn’t risk losing our deposit along with the extra payments we made. We looked at BA and Virgin flights did they say why they would not be buying any flights with Norwegian?They have said if the dinning is released they will add it on to our booking.
karen1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
iwani
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by karen1980 View Post
We had some issues with Travelplanners but we now have moved our holiday to August next year as we couldn’t risk losing our deposit along with the extra payments we made. We looked at BA and Virgin flights did they say why they would not be buying any flights with Norwegian?They have said if the dinning is released they will add it on to our booking.
The guy I spoke to said it was because Norwegian were looking shaky - however I don't know if that's their official line or just his opinion. He didn't make me any offers about adding free dining on later though, just kept on saying I might as well wait and see.
iwani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List