Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Aug 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
charley9
Excited about Disney

Eco friendly toiletries

I am wanting to change my usual shampoos, shower gel etc to something more enviromentally friendly and have been looking at shampoo bars, etc. Would also be a lot easier when packing for holidays. I have looked at that many websites they are all starting to look the same, and now everytime I go on fb or instagram I get ads for even more. Does anyone use shampoo bars, body wash bars, deodarant etc that are natural and plastic free, with minimal chemicals that they can recommend, that also don't cost a fortune.
Villa Florida Pines 2 weeks Oct 2008 Villa Windwood Bay 3 weeks Sept 2013 Villa Highlands Reserve 3 weeks Oct 2015 Port Orleans Riverside 2 weeks Nov 2017 Smoky Mountains July 2018 Efteling May 2019Villa Highlands Reserve Oct 2019 EuropaPark September 2020Toverland & Efteling April 2021Smoky Mountains July 2021
charley9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I use a lady who makes / sells on FB called Soaps for Little Suds. The quality is really good. I buy shampoo and conditioner bars from her plus body wash bars. I have tried the deodorant but didn't get on well with it, so am still looking for a eco friendly deodorant alternative.

She uses completely recyclable packaging (cardboard boxes / bags). We get through about 1 shampoo bar a month, between the two of us (I have hair half way down my back and OH has just past shoulder length hair) and I think they are £5 each. The conditioner bars last longer as it's just me that uses those, probably 1 bar every 2 months.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Check out Splosh and PM me if you would like a discount code
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can someone explain to me how you use a shampoo bar please? I like the idea in theory but do you rub it on your hair or make a lather with your hands?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
charley9
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Can someone explain to me how you use a shampoo bar please? I like the idea in theory but do you rub it on your hair or make a lather with your hands?
I think you can do either.
Villa Florida Pines 2 weeks Oct 2008 Villa Windwood Bay 3 weeks Sept 2013 Villa Highlands Reserve 3 weeks Oct 2015 Port Orleans Riverside 2 weeks Nov 2017 Smoky Mountains July 2018 Efteling May 2019Villa Highlands Reserve Oct 2019 EuropaPark September 2020Toverland & Efteling April 2021Smoky Mountains July 2021
charley9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
formosagirl
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I use Basin shampoo bars and just rub them on my hair and they lather up. I like them as I can easily reach my scalp and roots with them, which I struggled with when using liquid shampoo
Old 27 Aug 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you I have gone back to bar soap.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

We both use bar soap now , nothing fancy and so much cheaper instead of a glob of shower gel dripping out of your hand and going down the drain, we take soap holders from B & m I use lush shampoo bars for holiday
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

I sort of wipe over my hair. It read that picks up more grease than if you lather in your hand.

I have tried lush one which do smell good. But have moved to Yorkshire soap company as was cheaper. Also bought hand soap from here.

I asked if plastic packaging and they said it wasnt plastic on some soaps I can't remember what but it was biodegradable.

Not sold on conditioner bars either. But have one so will use that. I might try a lush one next?

I keep them in some small s&g tubs I had in Christmas sets.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I order from Plastic Free Zone on Etsy for my shampoo and conditioner bars, soap I just buy Simple bar soaps from the supermarket

Find my hair is better if I lather the shampoo bar in my hand but I rub the conditioner bar over my hair
dubletrub is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List