Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Sep 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

WDW current benefits of staying onsite

Are there any? I’m just chatting to family about maybe booking for late next year if things improve and I was looking at price differences between staying onsite at WDW or onsite at Universal. Every time we’ve been before Disney has won out (EMH, transport, free dining, free memory maker etc) but with most of that gone I’m struggling to see what benefit we would get from spending (on average) an extra £1000 to stay at Disney over staying at Universal and ubering over to WDW when we needed to. So, are there any benefits to staying in a Disney hotel anymore at the moment? Does it look like any of the previous benefits will be reintroduced anytime soon?

Edited to say that I know answers will probably only be opinion which is fine but just wondering if anyone had heard anything from ‘people in the know’ too

Edited at 11:03 AM.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Right now I don’t believe there is, other than maybe location and transport to the parks. I would imagine however that many of the previous perks will return when things start to get back to normal. Otherwise no one will pay those prices to stay onsite.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Are there any? I’m just chatting to family about maybe booking for late next year if things improve and I was looking at price differences between staying onsite at WDW or onsite at Universal. Every time we’ve been before Disney has won out (EMH, transport, free dining, free memory maker etc) but with most of that gone I’m struggling to see what benefit we would get from spending (on average) an extra £1000 to stay at Disney over staying at Universal and ubering over to WDW when we needed to. So, are there any benefits to staying in a Disney hotel anymore at the moment? Does it look like any of the previous benefits will be reintroduced anytime soon?

Edited to say that I know answers will probably only be opinion which is fine but just wondering if anyone had heard anything from ‘people in the know’ too
I would look at the Disney Springs partner hotels. Much cheaper with most of the ‘perks’ if they return.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

The Disneyworld 2021 prices for staying onsite are crazy expensive. The same value resort and same dates for this year compared to next is an other £700! There's nothing quite like staying inside the Disney bubble and have them take care of you, but boy do you pay for that luxury. Since Bob Chapek came into the company, it's become completely cost prohibitive to stay onsite anymore. We can pay £400-£500 in a hotel near Disney or spend £2600 at a Disney Value resort for a two week stay. It's not difficult to see what option we're going for.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The one thing drawing me to staying on site is being guaranteed entry to the parks, not sure I want to take the chance I can’t get in if I’m travelling all that way.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by fiona3103 View Post
The one thing drawing me to staying on site is being guaranteed entry to the parks, not sure I want to take the chance I can’t get in if I’m travelling all that way.
Staying in a Disney resort doesn’t guarantee entry. You will have to book your park days like everyone else.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the replies. We’ve only ever stayed onsite so now is the time to try something different I think. I doubt Disney will worry about me not booking two weeks with them in the grand scheme of things 😊 I’ll certainly look at the partner hotels a bit more closely and see what offers other places like Seaworld and Universal are offering
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

We currently have 5 nights at BC booked for next August and then onto a villa for 14 nights. If the situation remains the same, ie no EMH/ magic bands/ dining plan etc etc, will be very tempted to either try and extend villa stay, or else look elsewhere offsite or maybe even stay at one of the universal hotels instead. Currently the extortionate onsite price doesn’t really reflect any of the perks which currently is just location and being in ‘the bubble’. We moved this stay from this years cancelled hol, if I was booking from scratch I doubt I’d be looking to stay onsite.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Staying in a Disney resort doesn’t guarantee entry. You will have to book your park days like everyone else.
Sorry I should have been clearer. I have an annual pass to use on my next trip which I can only book 3 days at a time for, not something I want to chance if I’m there for 17!
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve loved our universal stays. The hotels feel more modern than Disney (albeit it SSR where we’ve stayed twice is due a(n ongoing) refurb)!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List