Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Sep 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

My car

I wrote my Nissan Qashqai off on Thursday.

Driving home on the motorway, hit a patch of water and went from the middle lane and span into the fast lane and back across all 3 to hit the side reservation and come to rest of the verge.

And yet I managed to walk out unscratched.

I stood out in the rain for over an hour and not one person stopped to see I Was ok.

Beyond grateful to come home to my family.

A new Volkswagen T Roc has been purchased and we will pick it up next week. Hopefully I won’t be too scared to drive it
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Hope you are ok , that must have been awful for you
Thank goodness you weren’t hurt
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Glad you’re ok, scary stuff ! So sad no one else stopped 😡 !
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

Very very scary but so thankful that I didn’t hit anyone else.

Insurance were fantastic (Tesco) and paid us a lump sum on Friday morning

Life is short
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Oh my goodness that's awful must have been very frightening hope you are recovering ok. Shocking that no one stopped to see if you were ok
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad you are ok, and have been swiftly sorted by your insurance.

As it was on a motorway, no one could legally stop on the hard shoulder to check unfortunately. Only the emergency and services such as breakdown are allowed.

Best a passer by can do is phone the emergency services to let them know so they can get to you.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Glad you're ok and new car all sorted.

Anyone that saw it was probably driving at 70mph so couldn't stop. Anyone afterwards wouldn't have known so again wouldn't stop.

Personally I wouldn't stop for anyone on the motorway. Too many people get killed on the edge of.a motorway. It's not worth the risk.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It's too risky for others to stop generally but the emergency services are usually quicker than that
Old 27 Sep 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikeandrach
Getting Excited

One positive is the change of car
I drive both of those models frequently. I’ve never understood the qashqai reputation, there are far better cars in the same class and the t-roc is one of them, much better car that you’ll probably find better in every way
Mikeandrach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Glad you're ok and new car all sorted.

Anyone that saw it was probably driving at 70mph so couldn't stop. Anyone afterwards wouldn't have known so again wouldn't stop.

Personally I wouldn't stop for anyone on the motorway. Too many people get killed on the edge of.a motorway. It's not worth the risk.
Totally agree, it’s just too dangerous for others to stop. An accident happened on a slip road behind me where a van hit a car which made it spun but we were queuing in traffic and I felt safe enough to get out and check the man was on, as did a lot of other surrounding cars but otherwise it is just too dangerous.

I so glad you are ok though, sound like it could have been a lot worse! I drive the m25 and m1 4 days a week and I’m terrified of being in an accident.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List