Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Oct 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
poppys
Earning More Ears

Only just found out about the new offer today and I'm really pleased with my saving! I was already booked at CSR for 05/09/21 14 nights, 3 adults for £4,239.72 and $100 gift card.

I've rebooked under the same dates for £3,496.13 plus $200 gift card and they've moved over my original £150 deposit and $100 gift card - really pleased!
poppys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Tco200 View Post
That’s what I’m leaning towards doing, it’s about £1000 less than my 2019 trip, Coronado rather than PoR but obviously without the QSDP so in real terms it’s not a particular great price but it’s better dates and I always expect rises each year!

Truth be told we never usually get the maximum benefit from QSDP and could often share meals but we just enjoy the convinience

Now to read through the Virgin booking conditions ha
If Free Dining doesn’t come back but you still want the feel of the DP why don’t you put the cost of the QSDP onto gift cards, then eat the way you want? I’d be willing to bet you’d come out ahead. This has been my plan.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chelynnah View Post
If Free Dining doesn’t come back but you still want the feel of the DP why don’t you put the cost of the QSDP onto gift cards, then eat the way you want? I’d be willing to bet you’d come out ahead. This has been my plan.
That’s a nice idea, to be honest I feel we’ve a decent head start on it now, overall it’s about £1.5k less than we paid in 2019

Now just got to contact Virgin this morning as there’s no mention of the $200 gift card on the confirmation email
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally booked for August 2020, Rescheduled to August 2021 back in June.

Last Tuesday I called to add the new free nights offer on, same dates, same 5th sleeper room at CBR. The CM said she had to cancel original booking and do a new booking, but no amendment fee so got a new booking ref.

She said she wouldn't be able to combine the $200 gift card with the new booking, which is as I expected so only 1x$200 gift card, but she then mentioned that I may be eligible for an aditional $100 Gift Card, didn't go into detail as to why but said she couldn't guarantee it but if I was eligible it would appear on my new invoice.

This morning I had and email with my new invoice (still needs the deposit transferring, but I know from last time this may take a few days more)
It shows 5th Sleeper at CBR, $200 gift card and $100 bonus gift card

With me keeping the same dates, hotel and room type, does anyone know how I can tell if MDE is showing the old or new reservation?

She said that my reserved park days should stay on, but I just want to check for myself and make sure.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Reneejbeatte
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Phoned to add offer to current booking, they rebooked (same dates etc) said my parks should stay on MDE. Said I could have $200 plus $100 gift cards. Deposit not showing on new invoice yet or the extra $100, hopefully these will show soon

2020 All Stars 🌟 🎵 Avanti Resort 2019, DLP 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2017, Art of Animation 2015, International Palms 2013, clarion LBV 2012, Regal Sun 2010, Newport Bay DLP 2009, All Star Movies 2008, Caribbean Beach 2006, Best Western Plaza 2005
Reneejbeatte is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
Originally booked for August 2020, Rescheduled to August 2021 back in June.

Last Tuesday I called to add the new free nights offer on, same dates, same 5th sleeper room at CBR. The CM said she had to cancel original booking and do a new booking, but no amendment fee so got a new booking ref.

She said she wouldn't be able to combine the $200 gift card with the new booking, which is as I expected so only 1x$200 gift card, but she then mentioned that I may be eligible for an aditional $100 Gift Card, didn't go into detail as to why but said she couldn't guarantee it but if I was eligible it would appear on my new invoice.

This morning I had and email with my new invoice (still needs the deposit transferring, but I know from last time this may take a few days more)
It shows 5th Sleeper at CBR, $200 gift card and $100 bonus gift card

With me keeping the same dates, hotel and room type, does anyone know how I can tell if MDE is showing the old or new reservation?

She said that my reserved park days should stay on, but I just want to check for myself and make sure.
I would also like to know this. I transferred like for like same dates etc but considerably cheaper and gift card. As you say how can you tell if it’s updated on MDE or doesn’t it change ?
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pdcdad View Post
I would also like to know this. I transferred like for like same dates etc but considerably cheaper and gift card. As you say how can you tell if it’s updated on MDE or doesn’t it change ?
I had to manually link mine as it was a new booking reference.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Reneejbeatte View Post
Phoned to add offer to current booking, they rebooked (same dates etc) said my parks should stay on MDE. Said I could have $200 plus $100 gift cards. Deposit not showing on new invoice yet or the extra $100, hopefully these will show soon
Took about 5 days for me to get a new invoice (and a cancellation invoice for previous booking) and this showed the extra $100 and the deposit had transferred over
Old 21 Oct 20, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
As much as I want to book as per our original plan I’m going to resist and wait for 2022
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I had to manually link mine as it was a new booking reference.
I’ve done it manually but now showing the resort twice will the other drop away at some point ?
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List