Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Oct 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by hideinpockets View Post
It’s your house and your property, as long as you have nothing in the deeds or covenants then I see no issue. That goes for having a fence too, if you want a fence and it doesn’t block any one then I’d have a fence, I honestly wouldn’t not be doing something because of my neighbours. They don’t own the whole road.
This 100%. We just would no longer engage with them apart from a polite hello
Old 16 Oct 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d be literally gutted if a neighbour parked a caravan on a drive - or a van tbh- I wouldn’t say anything but in all honesty if it stuck around I’d move. If it’s not on the deeds nothing they can do though. Do you like the look of it there or does it not bother you?

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
Same here, 1990's houses here and in deeds , no caravans or boats .
Same for us, also we cannot keep chickens, sheep, cattle in the garden !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kiwiinabd View Post
Same for us, also we cannot keep chickens, sheep, cattle in the garden !
Darn it, no cattle in the garden?!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Darn it, no cattle in the garden?!
I was thinking the same 😂
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi none of their business and I’m very surprised by some of the posts on this. Enjoy all the breaks you can get. Polite chat and carry on
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
I’d be literally gutted if a neighbour parked a caravan on a drive - or a van tbh- I wouldn’t say anything but in all honesty if it stuck around I’d move. If it’s not on the deeds nothing they can do though. Do you like the look of it there or does it not bother you?
Really? I wouldn’t bat an eye, especially a van. What are people who need vans for work supposed to do?
We have difficult neighbours and DH always jokes that when his car dies he’s going to start driving our horse box around instead 😂
Old 16 Oct 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

As you say they overlook your drive I guess there isn't any getting away from them seeing it from their living room. That would bother me in the summer to be honest, not so much when it's dark evenings and the blinds are drawn.
I doubt I'd say anything though just to keep the peace, and I prefer an easy life.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
I'd be throwing that cat poo right back 😠
Its tempting but I'm better than that, though I encourage my cats to use her garden!
Old 16 Oct 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

we have a caravan, we used to keep it on the drive bur when our lovely neighbours moved the new neighbours objected to it. They found caravans, boat and any car maintenance was not allowed. the houses are all open gardens and we cant put a fence up in the front.
we keep it in storage now. It is local thank goodness but i miss popping in to check it.
we never really spoke to the new neighbours until they had an old car propped up on bricks left there for over 6 months. DH reminded them about the rules they THEY had found out.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List