Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Dec 14, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Armanaleg
Apprentice Imagineer

Driving to DLRP questions

In January we are driving to DLRP and I am hoping that some Dibbers can give me the benefit of their knowledge!

1) How much are the tolls likely to be and should I pay cash or is it better to use a card?
2) Whilst I am hoping to make it there and back on one tank of diesel, do the French pumps need a card scanned before fuel is delivered or are they civilised like us and you pay after fuelling

Thanks
Jon

DLRP - DC 96; SL 98; DLH 03, Castle Club 07 (upgraded by Mickey to the Cinderella Suite), CC 09, DLH 14, HNY 15, HNY Empire State 17, SL Golden Forest 23
WDW - POR 06 & 08.
WDW - 2010 & 11 - 21 days - Both Cancelled - Redundancy!
Armanaleg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 14, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Armanaleg View Post
In January we are driving to DLRP and I am hoping that some Dibbers can give me the benefit of their knowledge!

1) How much are the tolls likely to be and should I pay cash or is it better to use a card?
2) Whilst I am hoping to make it there and back on one tank of diesel, do the French pumps need a card scanned before fuel is delivered or are they civilised like us and you pay after fuelling

Thanks
Jon
The tolls are €20 and a bit euros ( sorry can't remember exact number)
I paid with cash as it was quicker.
We used the petrol station at disneyland Paris and we paid after fuelling
( I think it's mainly rural ones where they do the card first thing)
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 14, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

As the previous poster said, the tolls are around 20 euros (I think it was 21.70 when we last went) and that's each way. We've paid for tolls with cash and card and both were straightforward.

We stopped for petrol on the way down and paid after we'd filled up just like we do here.

It's a very easy journey, however if you're printing off directions do them for both directions. On the way back we tried to use our directions in reverse and it was a bit tricky, particularly around Charles de Gaulle airport.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 14, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Armanaleg
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the info guys. Really looking forward to the drive, just hope that the weather holds.

DLRP - DC 96; SL 98; DLH 03, Castle Club 07 (upgraded by Mickey to the Cinderella Suite), CC 09, DLH 14, HNY 15, HNY Empire State 17, SL Golden Forest 23
WDW - POR 06 & 08.
Armanaleg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 14, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Toll today was 16.10eu from lille. We brimmed the tank at a Carrefour at 1.10 per litre diesel (card payment only). Distance to dlp from zeebrugge was just short of 200 miles and took 4 hours with a stop in lille.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 14, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Just a note should you use the Credit/Debit Card lanes (CB) at the toll. As we have a basic [bank account (due to IVA) our card was rejected by the machine, and was stuck at the barrier with cars behind me :s. Had to get out of car, skip across 2 lanes to use a Visa machine at another barrier,oops
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 14, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rubix
Excited about Disney

As HFJohnson said, it's a very easy journey. The only difficult part is how boring the drive is if you take the motorways the whole way and remembering that traffic will be joining from the right. We are going this week and I think the tolls from Calais are now €22.10. Toll booths don't give change so worth making sure you have some on you before you go.

Last year I filled up at Dover just for ease and will be using a supermarket petrol station in Folkestone this year. Filled up for the way home at the pumps at Disneyland as they have a great pay at pump where you can select for instructions in English, however it was pretty much the same as pumps in the UK.

Hope you have a great time!

Next trip: WDW Saratoga Springs - August 2015 - (Pre-trip report)
DLP Davy Crockett Ranch - December 2014
DLP Davy Crockett Ranch - September 2013
Rubix is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 14, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Armanaleg
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the responses - looking forward to the drive. Just want some reasonable weather now.

WDW - POR 06 & 08.

Edited at 04:31 PM. Reason: Spelling!
Old 16 Dec 14, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

It wasnt boring on sunday, freezing fog all the way, visibility eas down to 100m for long stretches. Coupled with ghost cars (french with no lights) it certainly kept you on your toes.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 14, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Fill up with Diesel in France if you can. As long as you avoid motorway petrol stations it is usually cheaper for Diesel in France than here. Not such a difference for petrol though. We usually fill up as we leave the Disney car park. They were well priced for fuel and paid after filling up.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread