Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Oct 16, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

DL hotel or New York hotel?

Looking at going next September was originally going too book the Disneyland hotel as it always been a dream of ours to stay their one day. However looking into going we have come across hotel New York and it looks so smart and a great hotel, therefore in a bit of dilemma and need suggestions and help on what would be the best hotel too stay in please? What's the benefits and disadvantages of both as never stayed at neither before?!

Edited at 08:04 PM.
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 16, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

The hotel new York is not in the same league as the disneyland hotel, and while I loved my stay at the HNY, I,d say if you were prepared to splash out with a good offer on the disneyland hotel, you wouldn't regret it. The disneyland hotel can't be beat for location, its the entrance to the main park.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 16, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We just came back from staying at DLH and the location alone spoils you rotten. I would always choose DLH from now on. It is a beautiful hotel too, we had an enormous room with a terrace and garden area, just so perfect. You just can't put a price on shooting straight up the arcade after Dreams and being tucked up in bed within 5 mins.
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
elstoleno
Helping Minnie

I would go for the DLH!
We stayed at the HNY in June, and inside and outside it looks great but the rooms are a bit dated, so personally i'd hold off booking the HNY again until it's been refurbed!
We had a couple of problems with our room - the lock on the door didn't work, and the aircon broke and soaked the carpet and bathroom floor, we had to change rooms.
elstoleno is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

If you can afford it then stay in the DLH!

Debs
LufcDeb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere

Mobile

Originally Posted by elstoleno View Post
I would go for the DLH!
We stayed at the HNY in June, and inside and outside it looks great but the rooms are a bit dated, so personally i'd hold off booking the HNY again until it's been refurbed!
We had a couple of problems with our room - the lock on the door didn't work, and the aircon broke and soaked the carpet and bathroom floor, we had to change rooms.
Thanks for info guys. Yes it does look impressive on the outside. When will the room refurb be done?
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
elstoleno
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by mikeishere View Post
Thanks for info guys. Yes it does look impressive on the outside. When will the room refurb be done?
It's not due to start until after the 25th anniversary so it'll be a few years yet.
elstoleno is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere

Mobile

Originally Posted by elstoleno View Post
It's not due to start until after the 25th anniversary so it'll be a few years yet.
DLP HOTEL it looks like I'll be going with then if can hehe
Old 12 Nov 16, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

I'd disagree.

While the location is great with regards to getting in the parks for me i'd much rather have the walk through the village back to HNY over Disney hotel every time. I can't say I have actually stayed in the Disney hotel but I have stayed in HNY and it was fab...

Here is my vid of the room. Was fantastic.

This one a rough walk through of the hotel...

Edited at 06:00 PM.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Whereas over a cold foggy wet December stay at the HNY I envied those staying at the DLH as no need for them to walk through the village to get to their room.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread