Notices

Old 27 Sep 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

T minus 14 days

i said the countdown was going slowly last week, well it seems to have halted. I look at it and it is STILL two weeks away.

The kids (15 & 12) are so excited, of course. Both have their own countdowns on their phones and one has a laminated card that gets crossed off each day.

It really is a bonus they are off for two weeks in October, plus the inset day. We did October when they were pre-school and loved it. It has been August each time since and whilst still amazing, the humidity and sometimes prolonged showers can get a little irritating.

Whilst there are never any weather guarantees,historically speaking October is much less wet and humid, but still very warm indeed and without the extremes of 100+F

I see the rate popped up to 1.32... and yep, i missed it. That said, we are not changing much up as most will go on the Clarity card which we find excellent.

We will probably only take about £400 in dollars. All shopping, food etc will be on the card so hopefully that's enough... it should be. So now to see if i can tease out 1.33...that extra $4 may be all the difference pathtic really isn't it when you have spent £6k on a holiday and i am trying to squeeze the price of a Starbucks latte out!
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Cue Music... Its the final countdown. Now T minus 4 days.

As I have said before, we have been extremely well organised and with everything done, it has been terribly slow getting here. But now its time for plans to morph in to actions.

Packing has begun, dollars bought (managed 1.30 and a fraction - although most of our spending will be on the clarity card), Universal photo pass sorted.

I have become obsessive over watching the VS27; is it one time, what plane is it..etc. I also watch the VS15 when the 27 isn't running just to get clues as it whether it will be Tinkerbelle, Ruby Tuesday, Hot lips et al! It really does not matter a jot as they are all the same inside - and being late as it was on Friday means nothing for my corresponding flight, but I love doing it.

Only other thing left for me to do is try and remember my wordpress password!

before the days of VLOG's I would always write a blog on wordpress but this was only really for our own purposes and not to try and become millionaires. I did open it up so anyone could read it, but even so it serves mainly as a holiday scrap book rather than anything else.

so i will do that again and if i find the time, will copy and paste in to a trip report on here.

I may pop back on before i go...but got a busy work few days ahead which is great as it will distract me from looking at the clock.

So if anyone is at the Premierinn on Thursday night or on the VS27 on Friday... see you there
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List