Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Aug 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Galaxys Edge - Opening Day

So I am just curious if any Dibbers currently out in Disney at the mo are going to start queuing from 2am ( which is when I understand the car parks will open from!)to get into Galaxy’s Edge for tomorrow?

Or is everyone staying away like the plague?
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

DH and I would if we were there
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
We have 2 children (9&7) and our queue limit this holiday in the heat has been 65 mins for SDD. No way are we getting up to start queuing even at 6am
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Nope. I'm going on Sunday... as long as the Hurricane doesn't scupper my plans!
Troyston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Annoyingly I fly back just as it goes resort only in the am. The first few days are a free for all.

Will the GE section be limited entry during the day. We are at HS 31st and I was hoping to have a look, but don't fancy my chances of riding anything. I'm now wondering if we will even be allowed in to GE.

Edited at 08:32 PM.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did GE today, arrived at the park at 4.15am and it was already really busy. Let us in the land at just after 5, we then then stayed in the queue for Smugglers Run and had to queue for a further 2 hours, eventually riding this at around 8am.

The ride was awesome, like my childhood come true!
Siddex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ricky_Spanish View Post
Annoyingly I fly back just as it goes resort only in the am. The first few days are a free for all.

Will the GE section be limited entry during the day. We are at HS 31st and I was hoping to have a look, but don't fancy my chances of riding anything. I'm now wondering if we will even be allowed in to GE.
Hasn't been limited entry all afternoon today - just walk in.
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish

Just got back from it. Got to the park about 7. I thought we would need to do the boarding group thing, hence going early, but as above it was walk-in. I'm sure at one point while waiting for the bus the ride queue was 15 mins in the app. By the time we got there it was 120 mins, but didn't feel that long. I think we ended up waiting about 90 mins. The queue dropped as we were in it so we probably could have gone an hour or so later. We were grabbed by a really intense research guy on the way out. They're pretty keen for feedback. Ride is at 95 min in the app now. Yesterday I saw it go over 180 mins. I wonder if the mayhem of yesterday has put some people off?

Edited at 05:11 PM.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
childwall
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We went this morning too. We got inside the park about 6am. Walked into Galaxy’s Edge and queued for around 2 hours. I was an engineer and my kids were gunners.

Once we got off the ride we did the other Star Wars ride, Aerosmith and Tower of Terror. As the park was quiet elsewhere. We then decided to go back on Smugglers Run and queued for around 90 mins and this time got to be the pilot which was amazing.

Go as early as possible would be my tip to ride it.

Also Galaxy’s Edge is every Star Wars fans dream.
childwall is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish

I tried to convince my mrs to go on it again but she wasn't as impressed as me. I also had to carry my lazy legs 4yr old for most of the queue and it was starting to get hot. I asked about the single rider but yhet had closed that line. We're at hs again tomorrow so will see if we can manage it again before slinky at 12.

Was a lot more impressed with GE than I thought I would be.