Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jan 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Thank you everyone, I appreciate there's no rule but that's really helpful

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I have 3 children that have passed their test in past 4 years not sure how many hours they took but I think they found it an advantage to have lessons close together (2 or 3 a week). My daughter bought a car before she did her test and drove to and from work every day and I would also take her out in the evening. She needed fewer lessons as I think it built her confidence up.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s depends how confident they are, oldest ds drives everywhere and drives a jeep in Toronto now, second ds passed a year ago and has never driven since. Second ds had over 30 hours and passed 2nd time, they are all different x
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

My son did it with 30 lessons and am hoping for the same for my daughter

It really benefits if they can drive all the time with you so can get a lot of practice in

I am going to get learners insurance on my sons car for my daughter (bashed up Polo so full of dents and scrapes all ready haha)

On the other hand my daughters friend barely had any lessons and went out driving with her dad all the time and she passed within 3 months

My daughter is a lot more nervous than my son about driving so it might well take her a bit longer, hope not though as the lessons are so expensive
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I took over a year at 2 hours a week (8/9 years ago)!
My sister did hers in 3 months and did an hour and a half a week.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I did 2 hours a week (as far as I can remember - it was 10 yrs ago!) - birthday mid July and passed first week of November - so I make that around 30 hours of lessons. I got given a car for my 17th birthday though and used to drive to 6th form every day with my mum which was 25 minutes.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Depends on the person

My son had about 16 hrs I think ( intensive week course but some was classroom based ) , his best friend is learning now and been told she will need around 36 hours .

I have known a few pass with just a few hours to some needing 100 .

My daughter had never been near a car and picked it up to my total shock extremely quickly never had any issues

My son could drive but .. he drives a stock car as a hobby and he had to learn quickly to adapt from driving that how he does and on someone’s bumper to being on the roads

Edited at 02:57 PM.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
My son has been having 2 hour lessons since September - he's not on our insurance as we can't afford it (we did get quotes). He's nowhere near test standard - hope he passes before September as he's going away to University!
Same for us with our DD. Everyone is different. Just want her to be safe!
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
My son did it with 30 lessons and am hoping for the same for my daughter

It really benefits if they can drive all the time with you so can get a lot of practice in

I am going to get learners insurance on my sons car for my daughter (bashed up Polo so full of dents and scrapes all ready haha)

On the other hand my daughters friend barely had any lessons and went out driving with her dad all the time and she passed within 3 months

My daughter is a lot more nervous than my son about driving so it might well take her a bit longer, hope not though as the lessons are so expensive
I think the driving with you can go both ways ..

Some will be fine and not need any help other than you just sitting there ,others will pick up on your bad habits ( & we all have them ) and it make it harder for them .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

One son had semi intensive course which was 18 hours the other one did it weekly over a few months and had about 30 hours altogether

Youngest DS would have been much less than 30 hours but had to cancel his first test date due to illness then there wasn’t any test slots available for a month so had to continue with lessons to keep up level.
We did take them both out most days to practise as well.

Both passed first time
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List