Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 20 Sep 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile Foods you came to late in life

Interested in those foods which for whatever reason you either didn't try, thought you didn't like or suddenly acquired a taste for during adulthood. Nothing better then suddenly discovering something great that's completely new. Here's a few of mine:

Balsamic vinegar - never tried it for ages, what a flavour
Grilled Halloumi - assumed this was like goats cheese
Goats cheese - see halloumi! Suddenly this Summer my palate went hey this is great, have a Greek salad
Ravioli - scarred through youth by the Heinz tinned version and refused to try it for years. Guess what, the real Italian version is a little nicer!

Is it just me who does this? Reformed fussy child
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Red wine. (I always drank G&T when out). My brother's ex introduced him to it and the taste for it spread to his daughters and me ! His new girlfriend drinks Prosecco !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Brussel Sprouts! hated with a passion as a kid, love them to bits as an adult, same with coffee, cabbage

there are few i wished i could like but have given up on, mustard, horseradish sauce and any kind of fish, i know its healthy and really want to like it but its just sweaty feet at best to me
Old 20 Sep 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Celery and green bell peppers. Couldn't stand the smell of celery and then I discovered buffalo wings and blue cheese dip and now I moan when there's not enough celery for the dip in restaurants.

Green peppers always smelled like grass to me so never fancied them. Love them now with grilled onions on a Philly Cheesesteak.
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Black olives, again a Greek holiday discovery. Love Greek salad with black olives and feta.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by BoxOfFrogs View Post
there are few i wished i could like but have given up on, mustard, horseradish sauce and any kind of fish, i know its healthy and really want to like it but its just sweaty feet at best to me
Fish/feet yuk. Foods/drinks still to be conquered, that thread to follow later I see you Bloody Mary!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I now love Sprouts as well but still cannot stomach liver and onions or turnip . I'm scarred for life with those.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Hummus/Cous Cous and Lamb.

Always hated lamb Sunday lunch as a child as it always seemed to make very thin, greasy gravy Was served lamb at a friend's house a few years ago and enjoyed it so it's back on the menu!

Had hummus and cous cous at Restaurant Marrakesh 5 years ago and loved it, has really got me into Moroccan dishes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

In my late teens: olives, wine, peppers, onions, cabbage, goats cheese and probably loads of other stuff!

As an adult the big one would be coffee! Never drank it until my very late twenties but now I love it so much!

And last year in Disney I developed a love of pickles/gherkins! And in the last few weeks I discovered sauerkraut and it is so delicious 😛🍽
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm not sure if a drink counts as a food but as a child, and pretty much carried on into adulthood i dont like any hot drinks... tea, coffee, hot chocolate. Oddly they all seem to make me thirsty (?!). Anyway I tried iced tea and coffee as an adult and love both so it's definitely the temperature not the flavour that does it.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List