Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Aug 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
singerella
Excited about Disney

Really quite worried...villa

I hope I'm just being over anxious but its only now Im going through the last minute details of everything that I'm really concerned how legitimate our villa is. We've found it on Homeaway a while back and contacted through them. Ive never used them before but was reassured by the positive reviews and book with confidence guarantee. Anyway, the owner replied back with a quote and we made the first payment, I thought via homeway but everything that has been processed by wonder vacation homes. My trip isn't showing on Homeaway which is very strange? All correspondence has been with Wonder Vacation Homes; they have now processed the last bit of our payment, sent me the documents etc but have asked for a photo of my card and ID. Ive heard this is common in US but because of my reservations about it Im reluctant to do that yet. Has anyone on here ever used Wonder Vacation Homes? Is this usual with Homeaway? What shall I do?! I'm still waiting for a reply from Homeaway and thought I'd ask the good people of the Dibb too!
singerella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
suecleve
Excited about Disney

A quick google is bringing up some odd stuff.

yelp/biz/wonder-va...omes-kissimmee

the best review on here is from the manager himself ( Bruno?).

Did you pay direct to bank or use a credit card?

International Inn - I Drive 1989+ Comfort Inn - I Drive 1991 +Bridgwater Crossing 2009 +Calabay Parc 2010 & 2012 + Silver Creek 2015 + Formosa Gardens 2017
October 2018 - Indian Ridge
suecleve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
billbarbara229
Imagineer

I have asked new guests for I'D too being duped last year by someone trying to get a free holiday and possibly not giving the correct address faded away now we hope Trust works both ways try googling the company it's probably their management company Lots of owners are not hands on
billbarbara229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
singerella
Excited about Disney

We used a credit card but I found that too; see what I mean about it just feeling a bit weird? My DH and others in our party are reassured by the app they have, the paperwork they have sent etc but I don't even know what to do next from here? I don't want to send my ID and stuff to them without being sure they're who they say they are.
singerella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
singerella
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by billbarbara229 View Post
I have asked new guests for I'D too being duped last year by someone trying to get a free holiday and possibly not giving the correct address faded away now we hope Trust works both ways try googling the company it's probably their management company Lots of owners are not hands on
I totally get that, but Ive already paid in full! So not sure whey they need it, Im happy to provide if they're legit though. Feel a bit foolish at the moment tbh
Old 1 Aug 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
singerella
Excited about Disney

Perhaps I really should start to prepare for the worst Was so hoping someone would come along and tell me a happy story about these guys! Just reviewing all my stuff and they really do seem genuine in their approach; the contract is clear with expectations etc and tbf they've done everything they said they would, when they've said they'll do it (processing payment, issuing contracts and codes etc) But still, something just doesn't seem right and those reviews just make me even more uneasy
Old 1 Aug 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

Why dont you try phoning them, assuming there is a contact number on your correspondance somewhere.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Imagineer

I've been using HomeAway for years and all my payments have always been processed by them showing on my bank statements as them.

Fingers crossed for you.

xx

WDW July 2017
Lapland Dec 2024
Disneyland Hotel 2025
Orlando Nov-Dec 2026
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jheaton
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Sorry to add to your worries but I have recently booked two villas in Florida with HomeAway, one in Kissimmee and one in Bonita Springs

both of my payments show on my credit cards as YPS*HOMEAWAY

I can see both bookings on the website when I log into my Homeaway account

Not sue how else to check about the booking -hope all goes well
1995 OKW/1997 Villa/ Gulf /2000 Villa/Rotunda /2002 Villa/Rotunda/2004 Southern Dunes/ AMI/2006 West Stonebridge/2007 Bradenton/2009 Sandy Ridge/2011Sandy Ridge/ AMI /2012SSR/2012Esprit/2013 SSR/2013 2wks AMI/2014 AMI/2015 OKW/2015 AMI/2016 AMI/ Bonita Springs/2017 2weeks Bellavida/2018 AMI/2019 Bonita Springs and Universal/2022 Gulf Coast Hurricane Ian/2023POFQ
jheaton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Are you able to contact homeaway and get them to check?

Sorry if you have already done that. What a worry. Hope all is ok.

Fingers crossed.