Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Aug 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
help with a money card

i have no idea about them at all

is there one where i can check on say a app how much i have left on the card and top up if needs be, i also want to put a set amount on it weekly/monthly (i know not the best way, but it works for us)

thanks all
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

I have monzo its great
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

The post office card i had last time would allow you to do both of these and worked well for us.
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
VIP Dibber

FairFx and Caxton both have decent apps too, they allow spending to be tracked and in-app top-ups. (One thing to be aware of is that even if you top up using your saved debit card you will still need to enter the cvv number from the back of the card - so you need to take the card / card detals on holiday with you)
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

we've used the revolut card and had no problems
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Revolt does all you want, I topped up monthly and some weeks that other bills were less, exchanged when the rate was good. Am here now and had no issues using it, it gives you a daily total and you can look at all spends. You can top up and exchange anywhere with Wi-Fi we are loving it and I am a cash only used at home
sam7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Fairfx vote from me. One of th3 main reasons for this is that you can have top level and sub level cards. So you could store most of your currency on the top level card which you leave in the safe. You then transfer funds as you need them onto the sub level cards thus reducing your risk.

Never had any issues with them.
Old 21 Aug 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellegirl8
Earning More Ears

Monzo is great. As you pay for something you get a notification of what you've spent converted to pounds. You can top up anytime from your bank. We actually used our to save in as we were planning. They enabled our magnetic strip with a quick email for the duration of the holiday too. It's normally restricted to 24 hours. Not many chip terminals in USA
Bellegirl8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

I'd just get a decent Credit Card like the Halifax Clarity. Very rarely use our pre-paid card these days. Just so much easier to just use the CC and pay it off when we get back. You can still check the spending online or in their app if you wish.

Pre-paid cards have a number of draw backs, such as additional holds that can last for days locking up your money.

You can still just put money into a savings account to be used to pay off the card. Means anything you haven't used stays in that account, not sat locked away in the pre-paid card that would need converting back at silly rates.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another vote for the Revolut card
I never go anywhere without mine
Do easy to top up and track via the app
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List