Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jul 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Marriage or long term relationships

It’s my 11 year wedding anniversary tomorrow.

We were looking at photos yesterday of us and comparing them.
We look completely different. We’re not into the same things we were back then.

How do marriages last 60 years when you change so much during that time. I’m a little way into one and I have no clue.

How did I fall in love with a boy and now with a different yet similar man.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

We’ve grown together, been married 34 years.
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I've thought about this at times too.
I'm 20 years married nearly. There have been times I could kill him and times he could kill me, no doubt.
The same values are still there though, the things I liked about his nature.
His sense of humour etc.
The things I respected in the begining are much the same.
He's lost some of his energy, but I have too.
I actually think you only notice the ageing now and again, like looking at photos for example. Most days I don't really notice. Another thing I noticed too is, some of the ways we change, we change together. Some of me rubs of on him and vice versa and a lot of the times our likes/dislikes/viewpoints can be very similar. ( Except for his taste in films and music, terrible!) But I knew that from the beginning 😂
I think for me it comes down to BOTH people, choosing, every day, to still chose each other.
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We may not look the same but our hearts and minds are the same . We’ve grown closer through troubled times and he’s still brings a smile to my face daily , 26 yrs together 22 married and looking forward to growing much older together .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mr Puddle and myself have been married for 37 years. Where has the time gone! We are not the same people as when we first met, but I'm still happy to see him each day and although it may sound corny I still love him to bits!

Marriage is not easy and at times takes work and commitment, but that's what we did, committed to each other. We have similar likes on the whole and this helps and I think we have matured and grown together.

We have a close family and again having children and now grandchildren (lots) gives us something to preserve and enjoy.

We know other couples who argue constantly, but are fiercely loyal to each other and happy in there own way.

There's no magic answer just talk to each other make time for each other and hope for the best!

Edited at 10:40 PM.
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I was thinking something similar yesterday. How did we get from the church youth club to husband being 56 yesterday ! I don’t think we have changed that much, except for the hair and gaining a stone or three !
I think as others have said you have to make an effort to ensure you are growing in the same direction, accept that sometimes life can be great, sometimes tough and sometimes a bit boring !

Hope you have a very happy anniversary !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have been with dh for over 30 years but married 27 years, we have changed looks wise but we still have a laugh and are best mates. We have 3 grown up kids and dh was amazing when I lost my parents, we sit and watch shows on Netflix and eat rubbish, go food shopping every week. If I have any news he’s the first person I tell.
I hope he feels the same i’m sure he does!

Edited at 10:44 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

We have been married 41 yrs in November. Just grown old and comfy together. Raised our children, enjoying our grandchildren. Still only feel 25 but that pesky mirror tells me different ! We have had good and bad times but the bond of love has kept us together.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post

I always think compatibility is key.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Married 40 years, together 45 years. We’ve grown up together and he’s my best friend. In my eyes, he’s still 21.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List