Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jan 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
No only the heir to the throne becomes prince of Wales and it is not a given in it the decision of the incumbent monarch

ucl.ac.uk/constitution-u...and-coronation

Ahh, there we have it, thanks.

Maybe he just comes under the Wales banner then. William's children all had Cambridge bracketed after their names ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
My opinion of Meghan is based on what I have seen of her not what I have read about her.
I don't follow the royals closely. What have you seen of her that leads to your opinion? It's a genuine question because I have no idea. The personal appearances of the royals are normally so well packaged I'd find it hard to ascertain anything about their true natures from them.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it’s sad but I am not surprised at all.
I like the younger generation of royals, Harry & William always seemed so close and sweet.
As long as all parties are happy it won’t really effect much.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
I don't follow the royals closely. What have you seen of her that leads to your opinion? It's a genuine question because I have no idea. The personal appearances of the royals are normally so well packaged I'd find it hard to ascertain anything about their true natures from them.
I understand why you would question what I mean, I should have worded it better, to me and I am no more right or wrong in my opinion than anyone else who has a different opinion, I'm just voicing mine on interviews, documentaries etc that I have seen where I felt her demeanour had changed .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Megan could always restart her career at Pearson Hardman ?

or play herself in the crown ?

pays well i imagine

Edited at 11:48 AM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

If, as is being suggested, the queen heard about this via the TV announcement I find that very dis-respectful and sad. Why the need for the big public announcement?
The queen seems a very fair women and I think if they gone to her and said they wanted to slowly step back she’d have found a way to help them do that without the big fanfare.

From reading their Q&A it looks like they want the benefits and access to the cottage but not the public engagements 🤷

Edited at 12:01 PM.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’m honesty not sure what you saw to get you so riled up.
All I saw was a young woman who showed up and performed royal duties well, appearing to connect well with the public .
The only thing I can think of although it was a year later was the couple’s refusal to allow a photo call the day Meghan gave birth , something started by Diana and perpetuated by Kate but hardly tradition , neither the Queen or Margaret subjected themselves to it. Frankly hours after giving birth I can’t think of anything worse .
Of course the press slated her (not them interestingly) for it , it deprived them of a nice front cover photo that would sell their paper ... but it’s not like they were producing even a future heir or spare , just another minor royal. The ranting you’d have thought people were deprived of seeing their first grandchild ... it was really odd.

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
So you are basing your opinion on " rumours "
It's news to me that William spoke out about Harry's engagement, but if people are criticising Meghan on pure press reporting then you are doing the same about William .
My opinion of Meghan is based on what I have seen of her not what I have read about her. Like I said before she showed a different side to her other than the sweet new girlfriend once they were married , the public liked her they took to her , that all changed quickly after the marriage, we are never going to agree on why but are entitled to our own opinions, I really liked her, I don't dislike her but my opinion of her changed , you could say the media only show what they want you to see but her acceptance of being part of the Royal Family was quite obviously going to end up being on their terms .

Edited at 12:16 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I’m honesty not sure what you saw to get you so riled up.
All I saw was a young woman who showed up and performed royal duties well, appearing to connect well with the public .
The only thing I can think of although it was a year later was the couple’s refusal to allow a photo call the day Meghan gave birth , something started by Diana and perpetuated by Kate but hardly tradition , neither the Queen or Margaret subjected themselves to it. Frankly hours after giving birth I can’t think of anything worse .
For what it's worth I'm not " riled up " I'm just voicing my opinion the same as you are .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

What did William say about the engagement that was detrimental?
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Taking the whole thing down to its bare bones if Joe Bloggs found his job extremely pressured and stressful and was able to afford to leave it, he would, I know many people who have done just this. They have both stated that they have or possibly are still experiencing mental health problems due to the pressure of their role and I would hate to see them be forced to continue doing this if it is making them so unwell. I hope they find the peace they need and one day come back to us.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread